• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hypo run/Elk lake 3/3-3/4

You will need to be at the Home Depot in Salem at 8:30 Chad, we have 4 rigs. We where suppose to have 3 or 4 other's but I guess they decided not to come. So if you come it will be 5 Chad. Last time up we had only 2 we where fine, we just take it slow and easy.

The jeep is loaded and all ready to go, if anyone has a chain saw they could bring that would be nice. Couldnt get my oldie to fire today. I will be in the home depot parking lot at 8 am and will wait til 830 unless I get a phone call to wait longer. CB ch. 4, I have the hand held in the truck. See you all in the morning!

I was sliding off the road and winched to the other side but forgot to release the E-brake, 4 low + winch = no more rear brakes.. Sheered off the bolts to the left rear backing plate which took my E-brake cable and the rear brake lines. Who would have thought that the E-brake was that strong???? so needless to say our trip up was cut short.

I was sliding off the road and winched to the other side but forgot to release the E-brake, 4 low + winch = no more rear brakes.. Sheered off the bolts to the left rear backing plate which took my E-brake cable and the rear brake lines. Who would have thought that the E-brake was that strong???? so needless to say our trip up was cut short.

Wow well I understand that. Sorry you guy's couldn't go maybe I will be able to join next time. I won't be able to go until April 14th though. I look forward to seeing the trip report if you go before then.

I'm surprised the ground was that strong. I would think you'd just drag the rear tires...

thats what i thaught too. but then. e-brake locked and lots of throdle. im picturing the whol drum shearing off at the 4 backing plate bolts. alowing the whol drum assy to rotate around the axle housing. Wheel, shafts,drums, and backing plate, all together. thats gotta be a mess..:roll:

thats what i thaught too. but then. e-brake locked and lots of throdle. im picturing the whol drum shearing off at the 4 backing plate bolts. alowing the whol drum assy to rotate around the axle housing. Wheel, shafts,drums, and backing plate, all together. thats gotta be a mess..:roll:

You got it right john, the backing plate, drum and and brakes are all one now. The wheel and shaft is fine. It only took out the drivers rear. But its a mess. D44 rear now:yelclap: Any one have D30 4.88 gear set layin around???

Back