• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hybrid Cage Build With passengers in Mind!

those are worth selling in a production environment...

Id buy a set not to have to cut them out. though I think I am going to maybe copy the idea this weekend. or ill just get lazy and use a 4x5 piece of 1/4" plate

Thanks for the great comment, glad you like it. BlondeJon just take piece of paper and put it up to floor.
trace it out and mark your metal. Grab plasma and get some. Little bit of clean up with grinder
and now you have a slick fitting plate, that fits flat on the floor. It does depend on where your B pillar bar
comes down to your floor. Have fun

Im impressed . Im not gonna lie. Im kind of a big deal . My apartmennt smells of rich mahagoney . Im friends will merlin olsen. Oh this burrito isnfilling but it is good .

Got My HI-Lift installed. With My old roof rack I had hilift mounted on the roof, I wanted to get that weight lower if i could. Found that my 48" jack is not wide enough so got the 60" to go across the d pillar support tubes. I ended up cutting down the 60" to 53" and made some mounting tabs on the tubes inside. Mounted jack high enough so cooler and table fit under on one side and action packer on the other side. One more item off my list...and sold old jack for 50 bucks... its all good

I really like that Hi-Lift mount as it acts to secure your large cargo items.

Thanks! I totally forgot to mention using it as a heavy cargo barrier. I always use a 2 inch thick cargo webbing across back cargo area. Heavy stuff below and just soft luggage and gear on top, strapped in. I am still going to use cargo web, because it keeps stuff seperate and in its place. Will have webbing at same level as hi-lift across whole area.

Well been messing around with front suspension stuff, ball joints, tie rod ends, control arms, so headliner project was on Hold. I figured I better atleast get the rear speaker bar back in the jeep. Inside roof is dynamat already, so no rush to finish up headliner for the hybrid cage project. When I reinstall headliner its gonna be 3 pieces, but not today or tommorrow. In the mean time I got my Urban snow camo installed on rear speaker bar and reinstalled in jeep for now. I cant wait for complete headliner in Camo but for now this will have to work.

Cage and fab work look spectacular. I love those b pillar tie in plates.

Very clean work. Keep it up man!

So Been looking at better brakes for the last year or so. Memorial weekend my brakes didnt even want to hold me going down slickrock, yes it was very wet out and yes I have new rear shoes that are adjusted. Front brakes pads are hawk with centric rotors with about 5k miles. So I went ahead and Order thru Black Magic brakes the 16inch big brake kit. I have 15 inch rims with 3.75 bs and like Blaine said they should fit. I was super happy to get the knuckles installed and test fit the BBK 16 inch kit and found they will clear my rims. The Brake kit with knuckles was a easy install. I do have to thank CAL for driving my BBK kit from LA area to the bay area. So I bedding in the pads per Black Magic over a few days. I really like the stopping power, if I semi hard apply the brakes I can hear the 35s grabbing the ground. I am pretty sure they will lock up the wheels but I haven,tried that yet.
Been reading lots about coils and my coil springs have always been soft. After memorial weekend trip with lots of gear it was time to order some PAC coils. I ordered the PAC 4 inch coils in 250LB rate. I think I had RC 4.5 coils which were a little over 22 inch long, but soft. The new PAC coils were 20 inch free length, which required 1 more coil isolator for 5/8 inch lift. With the added isolator I got pretty much the same lift I . was sitting at before. Drove for the last day and found the jeep drives better and still drives pretty smooth. If I calculated right the old springs were in the 180-190lb range. I was afraid the 250lb coils were going to be to stiff, but I am super happy with the ride.... I will test the flex of the new springs this weekend on the rubicon.

Last edited:
Looking good ! I am digging it!

Back