• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HVAC Question

Spokes

NAXJA Forum User
Whats up guys... So on my DD the heat doesnt blow like it use to out of the floor vents. Over the summer I did the Evap in it so im wondering if this is related somehow. Maybe the blend door is stuck? If i move it from floor to chest it will do 100% out the chest like it should, if i go to floor, it does maybe 40% at the floor and 60% at the chest? Ive checked all the evap lines and all seem to be fine. Checked all connectors and all seem good? Im contemplating pulling down the blend door actuator... would there be any repercussions in moving that?

The other issue i have is the flap door for the blower motor wont shut all the way so i get a crazy draft on the passenger side... im assuming the PO broke the tab at some point because it was missing the cover panel down there too.. anyone have any idea why this wouldnt close all the way? I checked on my other 2000 and it stays closed when the heat is on, only opens when its on recirculate AC mode....

Last edited:
Is that door easy go get to? At almost 54 I'm not as limber as I used to be.

I put another 4.0 in my son's '01 Cherokee sport, and then the outside temps dropped.
Now the blower 'blows' but just cold air (guage shows 190-200)

Is yours vacuum operated or are they electric? This goofy hanes manual doesn't show much at all. And the CD/download that i got doesn't show a good view either.

E

Back