• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hub bearings shot?

well, you have to remove all of those pieces again... then use a ujoint press (or just a regular vise and a cheap socket) to remove the old ujoints and install the new ones. then you can reinstall everything.

here's a little work guide with photos: http://stu-offroad.com/axle/ujoint1/u-joint-1.htm (yes, Stu is the man!)

crap. could have tossed that in last week when the shop did the work. guess it won't be hard to get everything apart since it's new. is this a wear item in the sense of impending failure or just a noise/annoyance ?

I'm treating it as an impending failure thing. I'm guessing the needles are all shot. Fortunately, we stock Spicer ujoints at work. :)

dunno if it's been mentioned but rockauto has them for 72.79 (timken) for the 2k+

I have a sound coming from the front right, sounds like the axle is riding on a can of pea gravel, I assume it's the unit bearing hub but I guess I don't know for sure.

Back