• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to PERMANENTLY disable CHAT function?

joe_peters

NAXJA Forum User
There is this ANNOYING button that has "magically" appeared on my NAXJA window and I want it disabled or gone.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Checked vBulletin's website but can't find anything there on disabling chat.

Any other ideas?

on the right, where it says "XX People Here" click that so it brings up the list of users, then on the right side of that window there is a gear, that's the settings button. click it, and there should be an option that says "Turn Off". if that doesn't work you might be SOL.

hs5kqb.jpg

goto your windows directory, find your hosts file, add '*.envolve.com 200.200.200.200'

your pc should no longer even be able to communicate with envolve, much less load data.... should be error msg free.

You could also do so using a noscript plugin for firefox.

edit: your gonna have to run notepad as admin, then browse to c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/ and edit 'hosts' as admin, then add in "200.200.200.200 *.envolve.com ##added to remove chat, naxja.org", save, and reboot.

Last edited:
XCM's fix should make it impossible for your computer to connect to the envolve chat program's server, that would be a permanent fix (provided you are on a PC, I don't know if a MAC has a hosts file :dunno:)

XCM's fix should make it impossible for your computer to connect to the envolve chat program's server, that would be a permanent fix (provided you are on a PC, I don't know if a MAC has a hosts file :dunno:)

Using Vista SP2 with Chrome

Located Hosts file under System 32/Driver/etc...

Here is the Hosts file. See at bottom where I installed the redirect.

# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost
200.200.200.200 *.envolve.com

Rebooted.

It didn't work. Power Button still shows up and enables as normal.

What address is 200.200.200.200?
Does envolve use an alternate server for chat?

Last edited:
the chat program is hosted on their server not ours, by redirecting the program to a bulls*** IP via the hosts file it should completely cut off it's ability to talk to the home server.

:dunno: you could always just come BS with us knuckleheads all day instead :D

Back