• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How To Mount Hood Pins

256offroad said:
DSC00776.jpg

on the brightside the wheels are still good!

mount pins through core support, close hood with moderate force to mark locations, drill holes from bottom using small dents as bit locators.

KMK172008 said:
on the brightside the wheels are still good!

yeah sold the wheels and tires and lift for some funding for the new jeep.

heres the pics of the inside where its mounted.
DSC03146.jpg

DSC03147.jpg

DSC03148.jpg

DSC03149.jpg

DSC03150.jpg

still got the safty latch
DSC03151.jpg

xcm said:
ps, my awesomeness has nothing to do w/ hood pins!

Just had to give you some shit. I honestly never thought of this til I read the thread, and I can't remember ever seeing an XJ with hood pins.

Thanks for all the info and suggestions!

XCM - what did you mean by the rubber bushings for the top of the hood? Sorry, not all that great at visualizing this on my XJ that's 8000 miles away :D

256offroad said:
will get pics of my hood pin setup tomorrow. its pretty simple.....i run the advanced auto special :)

why you want pins. the cable melted in the fire as a result was not able to open the hood to put the fire out with the extinguisher. i know run pins on all xjs
oldjeepburning.jpg

DSC00776.jpg

pic of my pins from outside. will get a pic of inside later.
best hood pic i got
DSC02426.jpg

O/T--------- Any more pics of your front bumper?

i was being lazy before, and couldnt find them online... blah blah...

http://www.autofab.com/hoodpins.htm

they are soft rubber, you can kinda preload the bolt in the rubber, to avoid vibration, and noises
the inner has to be hole sawed for these, and they show their age, but theyre nice! NO RUST!!

That is pretty sweet looking, thanks!

Hey outlander still waiting on some pics and info for the mounting the pins in the middle. Thanks for all the other info. I dont want to wing this one and f#!k up the hood.:eyes:

cj11 said:
Hey outlander still waiting on some pics and info for the mounting the pins in the middle. Thanks for all the other info. I dont want to wing this one and f#!k up the hood.:eyes:

why in the middle?!?

here you go(finally)

This pic shows how I use one of the hood pins to pull the strap up.

In the above pic you can see the grab strap that I mounted to pull the hood up.

Last edited:
Those are some nice looking pins any pics of how the tops mount on the hood.

Also Has anyone used the holes in the radiator support I think if i pull the bolt and drill and tap to 1/2 inch I could thread the pin in and use a not to hold it in on top. I think the one closest to the fender and looks like the disc would sit perfect on the hood.

Here's mine. Moroso captured clips. Nothing to lose. The pins in the mount pics were mock up, didn't like the fold over clip style.
DSC01000.jpg

DSC00999.jpg

The mounts.
DSC00987.jpg

DSC00935.jpg

Last edited:
Back