• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how to know what length of monotube shocks??

With a measuring tape, bump stops and limiting straps.

Why is it lifted so much again?

Measure the shock length at your maximum up travel. Measure the shock length at maximum droop.

Bump stop the uptravel and limit the down travel.

Last edited:
at overt 8" of lift regular shocks dont work, you need coilovers

the reason for the lift being as high as it is, is due to me buying the jeep with the lift, it is my second xj, and I am making it into what is more suited for me now. It rides excellent on the street. As far as the size of the jeep it is the best I have driven.

It is a great suspension the way it is now, very flexy and always keeps the tires planted on the ground. I know my way around a xj pretty well. I just like to get others opinions on what is good in the aftermarket world

If those shocks work, pull the part numbers and cross reference them on the manufacturer's web site to find the collapsed and extended lengths.

Well, that depends. How much uptravel do you have available in your shocks now? If you have a long bit of shaft still showing when you are at your maximum uptravel then yes. You can make them longer.

12" Shocks worked best when I was at 6"s of lift.

You have 12" travel shocks...

As far as up travel goes, my fenders are bashed from tire contact, so up travel seems goods

I was just wondering mainly, on the longer part

But I do want some monos

What makes you think you need longer shocks?

I can tell you that you're not bump stopped correctly.

I seriously doubt you need longer shocks.

Go flex your Jeep up on a trash can and take a picture of your shock and put it here...

Back