• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How the hell do you get a lock-right out?!?

first of all, your the one that needs help here, so if someone is trying to help you out, i would not be such jerk, so don't ask people for info if you don't agree or like what they have to say, so good luck.

Vanquish said:
Bingbing, you obviously cant read, let alone work on an axle. I said the carrier was still in the axle, along with the pinion. There is no possible way to remove the ring gear, with everything still in the axle.

Wait a minute there cowboy. Your not going to tell me what i do know and i what i don't are you! Obviously you posted a picture of a D30 carrier w/ a lockrite installed in your hands. If not then thats what it looked like. I was getting to the point since everyone had there thumbs up their ass! Sorry good help is hard to find and never appreciated.

Wasn't my pic. All that tells me is that you replied without even reading my original post, so how could that have possibly been good help?

Vanquish said:
I've got the axle shafts out(except the center, disconnecting one) and that's as far as I've gotten. I can't take the carrier out because of the center axle shaft. I cant take the shaft out because of the C-clip. I can't take the c-clip out because the Ring gear is blocking the slot where it comes out. I can;t take the ring off because the carriers still in the axle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:(

Sorry i assumed you didn't know what you were talking about or what certain parts are called. So i must have overlooked your diagnostic skills.

Smells like you ate pizza? Hotpockets? No? OK.

i think it might just be me but this seems to be the most unhelpfull thread in all of naxja with mucho misinfo and all sorts of bs:explosion

All this bitching and the only smart reply apears before a bunch of useless bitching.
for starters... RTFB
http://www.powertrax.com/lrinst.htm
But that really doesn't say squat.
so ill just add to it. there should not be any c-clip holding in the disco shaft. try using a pry bar inside the disco housing to get the shaft started on its journey out.
jeepnuts311 said:
did you install the lock right?

if so, taking it out is exactly the same as puttin it in just opposite.

1. take out the springs
2. push the pins to the side where the springs used to be, they will go all the way in and be out of the way.
3. take out the pinion shaft, its held in by a 1/4" 12 point bolt
4. take out the driver that is easier to get to (not blocked by the ring gear)
5. take out the side gear on the same side
6. then you should be able to get the other side out.

-tim

Ok forget my post I posted from like page one and there was a hole other page of bs going on

Last edited:
BingBing said:
Sorry good, honest help is hard to find and never appreciated.

Back