• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How long have you had airsoft bbs in your tires?

Ugh... I REALLY wanna know if it works. Seems like the recommended 4 oz for stock tires wouldn't be enough weight. And wouldn't it only work at higher speeds?

They work. If you've ever had mud or snow packed in your wheels after a run, you'll love being able to hit the freeway and not pull to the side of the road after hittin 35mph.

No. It works all the time. I daily drive my jeep, and have NO vibes at any speed. My tires are 235/75/R15. I Don't remember how much I put in my tires, but theres a chart floating around somewhere that should tell you about how much to use.

There's no reason it wouldn't work, unless you have fix-a-flat or some crap in your tires stopping the beads. If you don't think they recommend enough weight, go count up the weights on your tires right now and add the same weight as the wheel with the most weights. Additional beads aren't going to hurt it as they will get spaced out evenly. This obvioulsy won't work at low speeds, but if you think about it, something as light as a plastic BB doesn't take much centrifical force to get it riding the tire all the way around. I'd think they would stay in place if you were going anything over about 20mph. And the nice thing about beads is you don't have to get them rebalanced as your tires wear, they rebalance themselves.

tried it--sucked ass
balanced with road force balancing-AWESOME!!!
i had 8 oz in 33x12.50 -15 tires too, was correct amount-not worth it in my opinion,just do a roadforce balance-thats the way to go.

markaboo929 said:
tried it--sucked ass
i had 8 oz in 33x12.50 -15 tires too, was correct amount-not worth it in my opinion,just do a roadforce balance-thats the way to go.

This is first negative I've heard out of maybe 30 internet and in-person responses.

markaboo929 said:
tried it--sucked ass

depending on tire rotation in relation to the rim, 8oz is usually never enough. Ive set up many sets with air soft pellets and 10 oz per tire is minimum on my interco SSR's it took nearly 1 lb in each tire. I ran them for 2 years without a wobble. replaces the tires and had them conventionally balanced and took more weight to balance than the airsoft.

You're full of shit Mark!

It's pretty clear that you or someone you know works for Road Force.

It will work, and I have seen the same principal used to balance a drive shaft. The shaft was drilled and tapped in the middle of the two ends. A grease fitting was installed and a tube of grease was pumped in. This totally cured the out of balance condition felt in the car. I am not sure I would do it myself, but I did see it work.

Exactly, and the lead weights don't actively compensate for changes in tire conditions. Some people just hate progress.

rockwerks said:
and its still lead weights that get knocked off on the trail, just a higher cost of wasted money
Not to mention the environmental impact of lead weights gettin left behind. Minor impact overall, but could be major for that area, and if a greenie finds enough of em, guarantee they'll make it major whether it is or not.

Back