• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

House Federal Budget that is serious about getting America back on track

XJEEPER

NAXJA Member # 13
NAXJA Member
I watched the majority of Paul Ryan's presentation last night and have to say that I am impressed to know that we have folks like him in Washington who are serious about solving our county's financial problems and correcting failed programs and policies that burden us with wasteful spending.

http://www.aei.org/video/101424

Obama stated yesterday that it's time to act like grownups........yet continues to push for a budget that increases our debt, adds programs and fails to address the massive wastes and increases in spending. You don't fix a National Debt of $14.2 Trillion with a token budget cuts of $33 Billion, which is 1/5 of 1% of the Natl. Debt.

Who's the grownups in this discussion?

So he states cut spending...OK, but the only two things he specifically points out are retirements and health care.

Who has the best retirement system in the US? Congress let's start there.

I'll go out on a limb for the next cut...Active military can collect a retirement after 20 years of service...potentially at age 37 years. That person then lives to age 77 drawing 40 years of pension benefits. What if the US government raised the age to be able to collect the pension benefit to age 55? The pension layout for the above example would be for 22 years. That results in 18 years of capital money the US should invest to reduce the deficit.

There are plenty of sacred cows & the "hands off" programs but if we are truly in the bind that Paul Ryan has painted for you then everything needs to be on the table. Everything.

$4 million a day for air support for the rebels in Libya? How about if we invest $4M per day to find alternative energy sources or to develop and build CNG infrastructure and get out of the middle east altogether?

Wonder who is funding this boondoggle

Last edited:
There are plenty of sacred cows & the "hands off" programs but if we are truly in the bind that Paul Ryan has painted for you then everything needs to be on the table. Everything.

$4 million a day for air support for the rebels in Libya? How about if we invest $4M per day to find alternative energy sources or to develop and build CNG infrastructure and get out of the middle east altogether?

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

So he states cut spending...OK, but the only two things he specifically points out are retirements and health care.

I'll go out on a limb for the next cut...Active military can collect a retirement after 20 years of service...potentially at age 37 years. That person then lives to age 77 drawing 40 years of pension benefits. What if the US government raised the age to be able to collect the pension benefit to age 55? The pension layout for the above example would be for 22 years. That results in 18 years of capital money the US should invest to reduce the deficit.

I never understood why stop with Libya...:)

BTW how about $4M a day to figure out how to cut greenhouse emissions...

Boris

Stop supporting-encouraging-enabling illegal immigration/repeal the 14th ammendment.

Encourage habitual welfare-unemployment-entitlement abusers to accept those jobs.

Yeah, I know... not on the globalist's agenda...... :gag:

If you only got retirement and HC out of his address, I suggest you watch the entire thing again. There is much more on the table.

How about defunding every taxpayer funded junk science program.
I could care less about those right now.

We need to start with the high billions, and the trillions, and maybe after that worry about the dinky little shit like the low billion dollar and the million dollar programs.

Like has already been said, we're rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic when it comes to cuts... some of the political third rails need to get stomped on pretty hard if our economy is going to survive.

I can't believe I just said that billion and million dollar programs were small. How the hell did we end up in this position?

To put things in perspective, NASA's entire budget generally is around 17 to 18 billion dollars a year. Yet people aim for NASA because it doesn't produce the same kind of voter rage as taking away welfare, social security, pensions, medicare, etc.

Dude, stay with me here.....that was a shot at Alien for even mentioning that 1 penny of our tax dollars should be allocated to the study of junk science........

Speaking of junk, why is our the Federal Government producing this junk and selling it at a loss.
http://bookstore.gpo.gov/collections/squeaks-discovers-type.jsp

Special interest BS like this is how the US budget deficit got to where it is today.......little here, little there, no one will notice.........

Last edited:
Dude, stay with me here.....that was a shot at Alien for even mentioning that 1 penny of our tax dollars should be allocated to the study of junk science........

Why is reducing greenhouse gases junk science? I'm sure it would be better for everyone if we could stop pumping harmful crap into the air.

Speaking of junk, why is our the Federal Government producing this junk and selling it at a loss.
http://bookstore.gpo.gov/collections/squeaks-discovers-type.jsp

Special interest BS like this is how the US budget deficit got to where it is today.......little here, little there, no one will notice.........

You really didnt call the analysis of millions of years geological record junk science, did you...:roflmao:

Water subsidies to farmers.
Tax incentives for oil exploration.
Bahahahaha!!! More water subsidies to farmers? Where do you think every single drop of water in the Central and Imperial valleys comes from? Tax-payer funded, heavily subsidized water projects hauling water from the Colorado River. How about we figure out ways to reduce water consumption and put a halt on developing land out here? Most of southern CA is a desert once you get east of the mountains. The Central Valley doesn't have enough water to support the farming going on there, neither does Imperial Valley. Yet we keep building and expanding, shipping water from hundreds of miles away to feed our growth. The Colorado doesn't even reach its mouth in the Gulf of California anymore. Back in the 80's we had to start building a desalinization plant in Yuma to strip the salt out of the water we had promised Mexico. It was killing their crops. The Colorado River Compact was made back in 1922 after a series of years of abnormally high flow. It generally flows below the level they used to divvy up the water, sometimes way below. We're using every drop of that river, and most of the states involved haven't even been using their full allotments yet. CA has consistently been over and AZ was set to use their full amount back in 2005. Check out the Ogalalla Aquifer in the mid west: about 40myrs ago, they made a compact to divvy up its waters. The states then each made plans for the responsible usage of said water...to dry it up within 25-50 yrs. Parts of TX have been sinking as the water is sucked out from under them.

How about we figure out how to use our water smartly before it turns into the next major crisis? Figuring out how to survive once we've used up all our water will be extremely costly.

I think he meant to reduce or eliminate those subsidies?

Also, I think water shortages have already turned into the next crisis.

Back