• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood Vents

Hmm Hood Vents?

• It would be worthwhile and would help

Votes: 172 72.6%
  • temp changes would be insignificant

Votes: 28 11.8%
  • Hood vents are totally a JU mod!

Votes: 35 14.8%
  • This poll is really old and people should stop voting.

Votes: 12 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to make new ones...

Bild%20574.jpg

Bild%20596.jpg

basalt51 said:
I'm installing a set of these this weekend!!

5328901.jpg

I figure in the winter I can mount some KC Dayliters in the middle so rain won't get in. I'll probably put them on a swivel Patrol Car style. Sweeet.

What are they????????

GroversXJ said:
I was too cheap to go buy some vents so I just cut some slots in my hood and bent some vents in it with some pliars.
172718744BRHSub

172719287mNbiMP

172722974rTaLdv

I think they turned out pretty good.

Website if photos show up as red X's
here is what he is trying to post:
172718148nWfSxp_ph.jpg

172718744BRHSub_ph.jpg

172719287mNbiMP_ph.jpg

172722974rTaLdv_ph.jpg

good times!

Hey Now what's wrong with old threads?

hey guys, what about just lifting the back of the hood up about 3/4" ? i think i saw somewhere blocks cut from aluminum that went between the hood and the hinges....

Read the rest of the thread and you will see that

I am assuming that all of you completely removed the insulation "blanket"? I was trying to decide to remove it completely, or cut out a section where the hood vents are.

Rip it out!

Ramsey said:
are there any pics out there with hood vents that are painted to match the hood, would love to see what that looks like

thanks

Here's mine with Grand Prix GTP louvers and drip trays. Haven't had a chance to see how much cooling has been improved yet.

Also, Purple... I have the rear of the hood shimmed up on mine too. May be lowering it back down now that I have vents.

637794_183_full.jpg

637794_180_full.jpg

637794_181_full.jpg

247924_37_full.jpg

looks cool:) i assume you had to realign the hood? I dont think you would see much of difference in cooling with the louvers/vents than without... if you removed the brackets, yes... anyway, i got Trans Am vents off ebay, they are on the way, will post pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back