• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

holset cummins turbo on a 4.0L

How are you planning on running your intake tubing with it that close to the radiator? Do you have a picture of your old set-up?

no i dont have any pics of the old setup. the old turbo had the compressor housing pointed upwards and it ran straight back the the throttle body, it wasn't intercooled. as far as running the intake. i have a c&r aluminum radiator thats taller and not as wide as the factory one so it will create an opening in the grille on that side

So you are gonna run 4 inch blocks in the rear with that Turbo motor? Can you say WHEEL HOP! :D

the blocks will work for now, might put some sort of a traction bar on it. it will be four linked in the future. didn't have a wheel hop problem when i had the setup on my cherokee.

nope it won't, the last turbo setup the turbo sat in the same place, it was on it for 2 years and never even warped the resevoir. and yes there will be an intercooler.

my buddy and i just put a hx40 on a 4g63 motor that we swapped into an 89 eagle summit. you might have to upgrade fuel pumps and injectors though. were running dual inline 255's 1000cc injectors.

MY STOCK INJECTORS WERE THE 19LBS ONES FROM THE RENIX SYSTEM, I SWITCHED TO THE ONES FROM A 5.9 V8 RAM. I BELIEVE THEY ARE 24 OR 26 LBS INJECTORS. I HAVE AND FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR. ITS ONLY GONNA BE RUNNIN NO MORE THAN 10 PSI SO WE WILL SEE. IT DID OK ON 5 PSI AND I USED MY STOCK PUMP FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS. SORRY FOR THE CAPS, ITS THE WORK COMPUTER.

Back