• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Higher Wattage Bulbs

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, So I have my new headlight harness on the way and I already have some Autopal e codes in the jeep, and I am wanting to buy some higher wattage bulbs once I get the harness in. What do you guys recommend? I really don't ant to spend $50 for bulbs, but I want something with a bright white look in a 80/90w or 80/100w. I've seen a couple pairs of bulbs on amazon, but they look kinda cheap.

So what bulbs are you guys using in your e codes?
and what wattage?

Hella lamps from Susquehanna Motorsports, 80/55, IIRC.

I have the 90/100's from autopal in my e-codes.. more than sufficient for me.. hardly ever use bright setting unless there is NO traffic around.. they are very bright!

narva bulbs are good. I use them in 100/90. Don't get a coated bulb.

Im guessing by coated, you mean the bulbs that are tinted blue to give it that effect?
I really want some crisp bright white bulbs..no more yellow halogen look for me.

I got my harness put it and everything seems to work...This was my first wiring experience, so I hope it all turned out ok. Will find out for sure when I leave work tonight.

Im guessing by coated, you mean the bulbs that are tinted blue to give it that effect?
I really want some crisp bright white bulbs..no more yellow halogen look for me.

Yes, no colored coating crap. That just reduces the light output. Get clear glass bulbs.

Osram Hyper White for susquehana motorsports 80/85 watts call them they are very helpful I tried many diff bulbs and these are the best by far.

The hellas are not as bright as the osrams which are a lowwer wattage tried them already and silver stars don't even compare to the osram or the hella.

I run the 80/100s. Work extremely well.

The 90/130 must be blinding!

Yeah - power them through relays and 10AWG wiring, and they're great for dealing with ricebois and their "bloo" headlamps.

Just edge over, let them fly by, pull back in behind them, and let them have the full 130W through the E-codes - if I'm feeling nasty, I'll even flip on the driving lamps (100W pencil beam x2 - haven't gotten 12V landing lamps yet.)

The result is something like one big eyeball in their rearview mirror with a pinpoint pupil - yeah, with that much light on the subject, you can see very clearly what's going on!

D***ing around with me at the best of times is a bad idea. Doing it at 0200 or so, when I'm driving around and I'm "in the zone" is an astonishingly bad idea...

Hahaha... excellent.

I have 140/100's and they do the same thing. Don't last nearly as long as a lower wattage bulb, but damn, I love the output.

Back