• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High Compression 4.7L Stroker (Pics)

Who told you about the cheetah blood?

I found the cheetah blood to help horsepower in the higher RPMs but it failed to reduce spark knock. :D

It’s more about learning. I could give out a step-by-step how to build my engine and some may duplicate it. But you never know I could also be completely stupid and have no clue what I’m doing. With a little research you can figure out what’s missing or even do it better. I’ll help with 90% but you have to do the rest.

Could you use some other sort of blood to gain bottom end torque? I'm thinking some sort of draft animal, like an ox. Added bonus is oxen are easier to find (and catch)

yeah man, GREAT looking!

Want me to send you the brackets for a 2.5 TBI alternator/compressor? Switch to dual electrics if you already haven't, and the 2.5 bracket will move your alternator up closer to your compressor and eliminate the clutch fan. I need this crap out of my garage anyways...

Can you explain what you mean by a 2.5 TBI alternator/compressor? I'm doin a dual electric conversion as well and I'd rather not have to hack up my bracket to get it to clear the belt.

It's not really hacking it up--just see where it hits, do a little grinding, check clearance, grind a bit more, check, etc.

when i do this, can i use my 1995 HO intake manifold? or do i have to use the renix?

Use any intake you want. 99 or newer is best but it's more work to modify. The only thing is you need to use the sensors designed for your engine computer.

Since I made it to page 2 maybe it’s time for an update.

So I broke some things. The rear end started making noise I popped the cover and four teeth were missing. Time to order some new parts. I decided to go with a Motive ring and pinion and stayed with the 3.55:1. I also picked up a cheap bearing and shim kit and ended up with some Timken’s. I didn’t want it to break again so we really took our time setting it up and did a good break-in.

1imgp0480.jpg

2imgp0520.jpg

3imgp0506.jpg

4imgp0511.jpg

5imgp0512.jpg

Wow! Very clean reminds me of a lot of things I did when building my 4.7. Biggest difference is I am running the 8.25. Do you have any issues with cooling? I am running a 180* T-stat with a hesco high flow water pump, and a 3 core radiator. When running the A/C here in Raleigh I get close to 210*. What fans are you running and do you have a write up on that. Exhaust looks great too! Thanks!

If I break something again I will replace the D35. This was the cheap route. With the new gears and setting it up right it should be a little stronger than before.

Wow! Very clean reminds me of a lot of things I did when building my 4.7. Biggest difference is I am running the 8.25. Do you have any issues with cooling? I am running a 180* T-stat with a hesco high flow water pump, and a 3 core radiator. When running the A/C here in Raleigh I get close to 210*. What fans are you running and do you have a write up on that. Exhaust looks great too! Thanks!

I'm running two 12" Flex-a-lite 392 a Derale 16759 fan controller set at 160° 180° t-stat no high flow parts and I've never been over 210. With all the new parts in the cooling system it would have made a nice write up but I never took enough pictures during the install.

Fixed some leaks this weekend. New transmission lines and an oil pan gasket. I’ve been really getting into these Fel-Pro PermaDry gaskets.

1imgp0533.jpg

2imgp0538.jpg

3imgp0542.jpg

4imgp0546.jpg

Fixed some leaks this weekend. New transmission lines and an oil pan gasket. I’ve been really getting into these Fel-Pro PermaDry gaskets.

1imgp0533.jpg

2imgp0538.jpg

3imgp0542.jpg

4imgp0546.jpg

Now you got me looking into PermaDry Valve cover gaskets... They are about 45$ at napa... But looks like to be well worth it.. one question.. Do you need to put any sealant down? or do they go on dry just install the gasket and the valve cover?

Back