• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High Compression 4.7L Stroker (Pics)

Now you got me looking into PermaDry Valve cover gaskets... They are about 45$ at napa... But looks like to be well worth it.. one question.. Do you need to put any sealant down? or do they go on dry just install the gasket and the valve cover?

You need sealant where the block meets the timing cover and where the rear main cap meets the block on the oil pan gasket. One the valve cover, none.

Valve cover is 32.79 at rockauto.com. Expensive but worth every penny.

I bought that same cam for my stroker and comp cams sent me some retainers locks and springs for a 3/8 valve stem and I need 5/16...

what springs and retainers did you use...??---thanks in advance

what springs and retainers did you use...??---thanks in advance

I don't know the dynamic compression ratio. The valve springs and quench are things my brother worked on for me and I told him I wouldn't share that information. All I can say is the springs are not the standard type everyone is using.

Your out of luck there.

I still don't understand the secrecy. . .
I am glad that other sig of yours is gone(I was wondering when you'd get tired of seeing it).

Last edited:
Back