• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi-Lift mounted under rear seat (how to)

i think im gonna try this, might be a bit tight with my amp underneath the drivers side of the rear seat but its worth it, great work.

I've done something very similar (although no wing nuts). It's a 48" jack The 60" won't fit even with the feet off. I've put a ton of stuff down in that area

If you have some lift on your Jeep and you drive it when not on the trail, what would you do if you got a flat??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

use the stock bottle jack on the axle like it was meant to be used. it will work on up to a 35" tire.

If you are worried about your jack being stolen, why not just leave it in the garage when you aren't on the trail?

Because this way I can leave the jack in the Jeep all the time. I get tired of loading and unloading stuff every time I want to wheel it. And as you can see, I still have the stock bottle jack wedged in there under the Hi-Lift for tire changes, etc. Also a lower COG vs. having it up on the roof. Win - Win IMO.

Last edited:
Thats a great place but a pain to get to with a 2door. I mounted mine to the bumper where I can get to it. I used scrap and a cable with padlock to deter bad guys..
Deloris52012d.jpg

A coouple of wingnuts through the bumper hold it fine.
Dannys33s.jpg

Pic without Jack.

Thats a great place but a pain to get to with a 2door. I mounted mine to the bumper where I can get to it. I used scrap and a cable with padlock to deter bad guys..
Deloris52012d.jpg

A coouple of wingnuts through the bumper hold it fine.
Dannys33s.jpg

Pic without Jack.

if my hilift was mounted there it would probably be bent or broken by now....

Back