• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi From China

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys. Been in China a week now. It is definately different. Can't get used to the crappers here. Just a hole in the floor. Got sick the first day I got here with Mao's revenge. It got so bad that I actually went to the hospital today. What an experience.

I'll try and post up some pix later. There is a lifted XJ just down the street. It is only about 3" on 31's. It defiantely sticks out around here.

I left Colorado in a snow storm. The first day was 85 degrees and 100% humidity. Walked out of the hotel into pea soup fog, thinking it was going to be cool. It was a fricking steam room.

The bummer is that I am on an unlimited expense account and can't stand to go out and eat a decent meal.

Can't wait to get back and go wheeling.

I feel for you. I spent a few weeks in Japan. The bathrooms (if that's what you want to call those disgusting things) weren't even marked his and hers. You had to walk in to see which was which. Just a nasty hole in the floor that most times got missed. The factory I was at actually had a set of "western" bathrooms that I went way out of my way to use. Don't miss that place one bit...

whatcha doin in China?

I am a senior test engineer for Advanced Energy. We manufacture equipment used to do plasma etching and plating. I designed several large testers for use on our latest product. The company is transferring the building of the product to our plant in China. I am in charge of moving everything and getting it set up and working. I have a team of engineers and technicians working for me.

I have a question for any of you who have been here. WTF is with them putting an egg on every sandwich they make. Who thought up an egg on a hamburger? or on a BLT?

ah fun stuff.

go have some traditional food, get good at using chopsticks;)

dont worry about the toilets....rest places in germany have the same thing.

egg on hamburger is good... its an option at alot of burger joints here in the states. Fatburger comes to mind.

im surprised i havent heard any lead jokes yet.

They're called "squat toilets" - same thing all over the Middle East. They're supposed to be "healthier" for you physically than sitting on a Western commode (but those of us with bad knees know the truth of that.)

Any chance you can pick up an FSM or two for the 2500 while you're there?:rtm:

I just got back from doing a 2 week tour in China with my family. Saw quite a few 2500s, and a couple lifted with snorkels. The food took some getting used to, but overall not too bad.

As for the toilets, my brother had to make an emergency stop in a dark alley. Hole in the floor, and had to bucket your own water to flush. Good times!

They're called "squat toilets" - same thing all over the Middle East. They're supposed to be "healthier" for you physically than sitting on a Western commode (but those of us with bad knees know the truth of that.)

Any chance you can pick up an FSM or two for the 2500 while you're there?:rtm:

Ya can read Chinese?

Ya can read Chinese?

Nah - but I figure they gotta have them in Engrish for the international market, no?

I've never been any damned good at reading Asian languages (closest I ever got was Arabic & Farsi,) but I can read English and Engrish rather well!

Been there done that.................. Phuck China, the Chinese, everything they make and the damn bail out money we are indebted!!! Just another job loss for an American as far as I am concerened!!! Might be good for you old_man and I am glad you are doin well but our country is falling apart at the seams while we are being sold out to phucking China!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:firedevil:rattle::rattle::rattle::rattle::rattle:

WTF is with the diarreha here in China. I after 5 days I went to the hospital. It reminded me of a restroom at a bad bar on a Saturday night. It has been 7 days now and no relief.

Even looking at food makes me sick. Funny thing though. I spotted a Pappa Johns pizza next door to the hotel.

It costs $5 to get your pants laundered and $4 for a shirt. You guys will get a hoot from this. I sent my pants to be cleaned pressed and starched. I included some underwear. When they came back they were starched hard a a board. You could stand them up against the wall. My wife had a good laugh.

I have been in around 40 countries. I think I hate this one the most. Thank God I have less than two weeks left.

Tom there food stowage leaves a lot to be desired especially stay away from the chicken ,the chinese have buyers on motor scooters driving around buying chickens that have died of natural causes ( read disease ) and most of them are just thrown in a alley behind a resturant till needed some time days with out refrigeration, and that is probably true of all there meats and poultry, become a vegetarian while there

You probably ate some poor ole dog or cat and didn't even know it!!! Those people will eat anything!! Do you think for one minute they care if you get sick or not..............NO............what are you going to do about it??????????? Your word against theirs and you will never be able to prove they fed you something that was already dead in the alley!! Go somewhere you can see the food being prepared or buy it yourself and cook it!! Like I said been to China and several other Asian countries!!

A note to anyone making a trip - take a big bottle of activated charcoal with you!
Take some before every meal.

I took two large bottles of imodium. I am down to my last 2 tablets. It hardly phases this.

I took two large bottles of imodium. I am down to my last 2 tablets. It hardly phases this.

Shoot!

Can your company overnight you some more?

Sounds like you also need a paid vacation to recuperate after you get back.

I wish. The Chinese doctor did not recognize the name Cipro.

Back