• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HEY BOSS

Think about this, ANYONE can read this forum, land managers (USFS, BLM, NPS Ca State Parks) environmentalists (CBD, Sierra Club, SUWA, Wildlands Conservancy) and they do.

How do you want to represent yourself, NAXJA, and the OHV community?

romper_room_diploma.jpg

The reason I’m going to bat for NAXJA’s rules is because they exist, and for good reason. If you want to be a degenerate and cuss like a sailor because you don’t know any other way to communicate, I suggest going to pirate4x4. They have a Cherokee section and are more than happy to put up with bar talk.

At events such as SoCalFest, feel free to tell dirty jokes and use adult language on the trail, around the campfire, in your tent, etcetera. But here on the forums, you *agreed* to the current rules when you made your account. Don’t go yelling about unfair now.

I have a horrible, filthy mouth in person, but a decent enough I.Q. to figure out how to keep that type of language off this forum. I realize the national average is 99 for I.Q., but I really believe most of you here best that.

Lawzy, I hope so.

The reason I’m going to bat for NAXJA’s rules is because they exist, and for good reason. If you want to be a degenerate and cuss like a sailor because you don’t know any other way to communicate, I suggest going to pirate4x4. They have a Cherokee section and are more than happy to put up with bar talk.

At events such as SoCalFest, feel free to tell dirty jokes and use adult language on the trail, around the campfire, in your tent, etcetera. But here on the forums, you *agreed* to the current rules when you made your account. Don’t go yelling about unfair now.

I have a horrible, filthy mouth in person, but a decent enough I.Q. to figure out how to keep that type of language off this forum. I realize the national average is 99 for I.Q., but I really believe most of you here best that.

Lawzy, I hope so.

I still don't understand why the language filter can't be updated for words so that when someone forgets to censor themselves, the site does it for you.

it already sensors XXXX...but it won't sensor xxxx...thats just silly.

it would save john or any mod a xxxx-ton of time editing people's posts...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the thing is, I don’t think ‘shit’ is a really big problem. It should absolutely be censored but really, it’s not half as bad as the f-word or dropping some of the more foul ones.

There is a huge difference between:

“My Jeep’s busted again; this shit’s getting old.”

And:

“I wish that fawker would answer my PMs!”

Above is the one and ONLY time (you can search my posts, all of 'em) that you will catch me replacing an f-bomb with something like that. I just know how to avoid it.

[FONT=&quot]Most of us are grown men. If you simply cannot control yourself and keep things G-rated, I suggest finding somewhere else to discuss Jeeps on the ‘net.
[/FONT]

Well the thing is, I don’t think ‘shit’ is a really big problem. It should absolutely be censored but really, it’s not half as bad as the f-word or dropping some of the more foul ones.

There is a huge difference between:

“My Jeep’s busted again; this shit’s getting old.”

And:

“I wish that fawker would answer my PMs!”

Above is the one and ONLY time (you can search my posts, all of 'em) that you will catch me replacing an f-bomb with something like that. I just know how to avoid it.

[FONT=&quot]Most of us are grown men. If you simply cannot control yourself and keep things G-rated, I suggest finding somewhere else to discuss Jeeps on the ‘net.
[/FONT]

wait... I R confused....

are you OK with Shit, or Fawk? I thought this whole thread was started over the word shit... if nobody gives a shit about shit then what the fawk are we doing here?

No. I’m not okay with either, but I’m saying that casually dropping the sh-word in a sentence is a far cry from dropping f-bombs. I don’t like either here, myself; I think there are plenty of ways to convey our thoughts without resorting to swears or rude words of any type. Period.

meh I have to censor myself at work, don't really want to do it on the intardnet...

if they are too lazy to add things to the language filter to show up as XXXX then I'm too lazy to care.

Welp, and that's the entire problem with the world today, if you ask me.

At least thanks for being honest and letting us know that you just don't care enough about anything to obey rules or simply be a cool person. It's good to know. That in itself shows character.

This all makes me LOL.....

Only because I can put the word S*&T in a post and it gets edited or locked....

But I got slapped with an infraction a while back because I had one too many lines in my signature.....

.............:moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon:

Last edited:
Welp, and that's the entire problem with the world today, if you ask me.

At least thanks for being honest and letting us know that you just don't care enough about anything to obey rules or simply be a cool person. It's good to know. That in itself shows character.

how many people follow these rules?

Participants shall not create duplicate threads (cross-posting) or direct others to threads they have started except when the referenced thread provides an answer to a question in a newer thread.

Participants shall not post to instruct users to check your e-mail, check your PM, or inform them that they've got mail or a new PM, or any variant thereof

Participants shall not “bump” threads. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, making corrections or updates in a new post, posting one-liners (such as “BTT”) or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its Forum.

not many.

I won't deliberately go around the language filter, I think that's immature and silly. but if its not going to be filtered at all I'm not afraid to say it.

Back