• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hemenechi's Jeep Cherokee

Take a tape measure, or other decent length straight object with an angle finder (or if you have a smart phone there is a protactor app that will do the same and compare the point to point angle of the drag link and the TB. If they are the same then that is good. If not. Make them the same.

If you don't have any problems with how it steers or the over all handling then leave the track bar and drag alone. Don't go changing stuff because someone says your going to have bump steer with the setup you have. If you don't have it then you don't have it. Move on to something that needs the attain Like your T-case swap.

If you don't have any problems with how it steers or the over all handling then leave the track bar and drag alone. Don't go changing stuff because someone says your going to have bump steer with the setup you have. If you don't have it then you don't have it. Move on to something that needs the attain Like your T-case swap.

Great advice… He has it... it’s just not to bad right now, but say he lifts it another 2 inches and it will worsen and he will be on here saying " why does my steering wheel jerk when I hit a pothole?"... You want the drag link and track bar parallel so they move in the same arc with suspension travel, just throwing a drop pittman arm on messes this up.

recommending proper geometry is shenanigans?

:wstupid:

yes when its something as small as that.

the stock pitman arm is back in so everyone can calm the hate down. :p

Front shocks limit me in the front and need to bump stop the rear.

DSC00978_zpsb9f689d3.jpg

DSC00979_zpse18f516f.jpg
=

Last edited:
Run that drop p arm to save your tierods. Don't listen to what these webwheelers tell you. Just go play in your jeep. If you have some bumpsteer, who cares? Its not a million dollar italian sports car, its an old jeep!

Run that drop p arm to save your tierods. Don't listen to what these webwheelers tell you. Just go play in your jeep. If you have some bumpsteer, who cares? Its not a million dollar italian sports car, its an old jeep!

:doh:

x2

Plus i drove the thing and unnoticeable bump steer is the least of his problems. haha

Back