• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with Tire Choice

15x8 is perfect for 33/12.5. some 33 are really 32's. it is more of a workout on your drive train. after market tranny cooler should be done any way.

i wish i got 33s right outta the gate instead of 31s. the stock 3.55s arnt too bad, ive barley noticed a difference in fuel mileage with my 4.56s gears over the stock 3.55s and 33s, but the acceleration and offraod performance is quite noticeable, if your thinking of getting 33s, just get em, when i lifted my jeep and got 31s i had no intentions of wheeling my jeep, just wanted a tough looking jeep, well i got hooked, and now im off to Moab in 6 months. get the 33s!

This all depends on what type of wheeling you like to do, and the weighting you give to on road vs off road performance. I used to love 31's on 3 inch lift for bombing around dirt roads and mild wheeling. Now, I have 35's. Sure it gets it in the deep snow, and has tons more clearance, but the tradeoff is you just can't flog it on the dirt roads as well, and I probably won't take it on a 1000 mile road trip.

Truth be told at first most of my wheeling will be camping and adventure. However I still think 33 and low cog long arms will come fast. I'm going to suck it up and get 33. Just more motivation to re gear and add tranny cooler.

Nice excuse for steering upgrades too!

Back