• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why am I stuck with 12mpg? Help Appreciated

Hey Ivan!
Awesome. I don't have a tail pipe right now, it's a turn down. Pipe was mangled so I cut it off.
Do you think they could build me a setup that would agree with my gas tank skid/shackle set up also? I'd be willing to just get this done once and for all. I have extra pre-cats from XJensen also. They have 120,000 miles versus my 190. Might be a good idea to do it all.

I had the shop i took it to run the pipe up high around the skid and out the side over the leaves. Works great. Tucked up high and out if the way. So nice to not have the pigpen atmosphere on the trail. Turndowns suck bigtime on dusty trails.
afdb9134ff5f7965babcd77b8d403b00.jpg

5d86fbfbe51f301f140ea2bc2838660c.jpg
ebbfe9a6e9bb73b00a52efba6f7285fd.jpg

Hey Ivan!
Awesome. I don't have a tail pipe right now, it's a turn down. Pipe was mangled so I cut it off.
Do you think they could build me a setup that would agree with my gas tank skid/shackle set up also? I'd be willing to just get this done once and for all. I have extra pre-cats from XJensen also. They have 120,000 miles versus my 190. Might be a good idea to do it all.

Check with them on your way into work...They should be able to accommodate you, and provide you an estimate. The shop is pretty good and has a great reputation. Good local folks!

Replace o2
Sensors, tune up,
Exhaust leaks, bad cat,
Intake leaks, vacuum leaks,
All filters, plugs, tps, tire pressure, Calculate mpg as
Miles driven over gas used not by the computer.
I get 17mpg in my mj on 33s and like 14-16 in my
Xj on 40s

This is perfect. On a 97 with 100k mil, replacing my o2 and cat gave me 2 MPG. Also, drive with a light foot and reasonable freeway speed for the purpose built -utility vehicle you have....

Back