• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with rear diff ID

wjp

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 cherokee sport and need help with the rear diff id. I looked at the rear dif and there is a tag attached to one of the diff cover bolts that says 35. After seeing this I thought I had a dana 35. I just looked at some axle id websites and it looks like I have a 8.25. Does that tag on the diff cover indicate the axle ratio? I will try to posts some pics.

Jim

I cant believe with all the info on this site and others, this question still pops up. Anyway, the 8.25 is squared off on the bottom and the D35 is rounded. The 8.25 has a raised lip around the edge of the diff cover, the D35 doesnt. If youve got ABS, youve got a D35.

I think it is a 8.25, I am just looking for a second opinion. I am trying to figure out how to post a pic right now.

Thanks,

Jim

[
of=50,590,442

29 spline 8 1/4.

Thanks for the help. Next i need to start looking at locker options (lucnchbox).

Jim

no slip

It is. I ran one for a couple years and never had a problem with it, decent road manners too, but I never saw snow. General consensus is you really can't beat it for the 8.25.

Back