• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP...Which Front bumper to Buy

Warn

LeffMud2.jpg

I have the Hanson bumper pictured below and, of course, highly recommend it. You do need to weld on some mounting extensions but it is a very easy install and an awesome bumper.

If you check out the SkyJacker ads in the magazines, most of those trucks have Wayne's bumpers.

http://www.hansonenterprise.com/home.htm

I've seen the ARB's bend. Also, the way the winch mounts in the ARB means you have to engage it from underneath the bumper. That isn't always convenient when you are stuck.

XJ_FRT_WinchReady_GrillGuar.jpeg

Thank you guys for your reply's ...You have definitely deferred me away from then ARB...Although I still think that it is the most stylish bumper for the xj and I have heard some good defense.. I saw on another thread that the arb is made to bend right before the actual frame gives.. If this is true then replacing or re-bending the bumper would be much cheaper then fixing a warped frame.

I really like the c-rok bumper... does anybody know the prices on this bumper and if there is any cutting or welding involved in installation...

Also I would love to hear your reply's on the ARB

Thanks

I also Like the warn but I think it is a little obnoxious looking...and again the winch sits right in front of the radiator..

Gotta put in another vote for Rigid. Very solid bumper - gussets in all the right places, and the mounting system adds unibody reinforcement.

Wash3.JPG

Wash2.JPG

I have the arb on my 98 and am very happy with it. i have pounded it into numerous things and it has yet to bend i have had one problem with not being able to reach the winch lever but it was no big deal because i just reversed out the ten feet of cable i needed with the remote. i also have noticed no cooling difference with the bumper and two 6 inch hellas on the lower mounts. i have picture of the front of the jeep resting on the bumper with no bending if you would like me to email them to you.

If I buy a front bumper Im going to do the Ridgid. For the guys who have them, how are the mounting brackets? Any other coments, wish I had done this, that?

Starboard M said:
If I buy a front bumper Im going to do the Ridgid. For the guys who have them, how are the mounting brackets? Any other coments, wish I had done this, that?

Here's a few pics of the mounting - a little fussy to line up and adjust while installing if you do it yourself, but the instructions recommend two people anyway.

Rigid photos

Light bar is bolted on, I do wish it was welded - other than that, no complaints. Takes an absolute beating with no problems.

Bought a $300 welder, had the angle grinder and $100.00 worth of steel. made it in the garage as well as rocker guards and will be doing a rear bumper as well with that steel. Much cheaper. Frame tie-ins go 18" up the unibody and use the power steering pump bolts. Much more rewarding and cheaper.

Threads like this are worthless...

everyone has their own opinions and no one changes their opinions based on what they read...

the thread creator buys a Nates 4x4 because of the cost - ill give 19:1 odds...

any takers?

XJ ranger ...Im sorry I subjected your eyes to this worthless information.. (That you were obligated to read and just had to reply too) ... Im def not going to buy the Nates bumper and this thread has helped me out alot...

As for my worthless opinion

Another recomandation for Rigid Co. I have had mine for about six months and love it.. Mounting system is the best out there, and the price is outstanding..

Terry does a great job on these bumper and has spent endless hours testing his designs, you really cant go wrong with this bumper.

Trbocharg said:
XJ ranger ...Im sorry I subjected your eyes to this worthless information.. (That you were obligated to read and just had to reply too) ... Im def not going to buy the Nates bumper and this thread has helped me out alot...

its not that - everyone has their own opinions on their junk, and it works or doesnt work for them, however most of these threads culminate into nothing, other than people giving you more ideas to look at...

oh - and there are 70 some odd companys making bumpers for XJ's, and i have listed 30 some in posts before - but no one wants to take the time to search - they would rather post a few things and ask opinons...

this thread is just like:
"What color should i paint my rims"
"what are the best springs?"
"Who makes the best tires?"

IMO...

Asking for help is what the forums are for.. Lets just say for example I go to the ARB site and read up on their bumper. They tell me its the greatest thing ever produced, I have zero experiece with this bumper so i have no idea what the truth is. All I wanted to learn from this posting is the real grit about the current XJ bumpers. I Needed this info to form an educated decision and not throw away 600 bucks. I help out fellow 4x4 owners on the trail and this thread is doing the same for me... call it good karma...

As for my thread being like:
"What color should I paint my rims"... This statement has no relevance because paint does not effect futur performance.. mabey if the question were what kind of paint should I use to rust-gaurd my rims... may be that works...
"What are the best Springs" Well guess what i have learned from reading another thread that rustys makes highly recomended springs...(Never would of known this without a thread)
ETC ETC
Threads on subjects like this help out alot of people.
I think that within this thread we have learned that Ridgid Co has one of the best bumpers and mounting systems out there and due to the recomondations of my fellow XJ owners this is the bumper I am mostlikley buying.

Trbocharg said:
As for my thread being like:
"What color should I paint my rims"... This statement has no relevance because paint does not effect futur performance.. mabey if the question were what kind of paint should I use to rust-gaurd my rims... may be that works...
"What are the best Springs" Well guess what i have learned from reading another thread that rustys makes highly recomended springs...(Never would of known this without a thread)
ETC ETC
Threads on subjects like this help out alot of people.
I think that within this thread we have learned that Ridgid Co has one of the best bumpers and mounting systems out there and due to the recomondations of my fellow XJ owners this is the bumper I am mostlikley buying.

cool

good for you

i also support Terry at rigidco, he has helped me a few times via phone...

Back