• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP PLZ!!! 89 XJ

it is clearly the injectors because it clearly is not that the TPS is misadjusted.

You would have been far ahead of the game if you had bought a basic DMM and used it to adjust the TPS instead of buying a fuel pump, and I would bet you have already bought new injectors too.

NOPE.. Have NOT bought injectors... I will adjust the TPS soon...

Anyone know where to buy injectors?? if i need.

Is there a possibility that it could be the CRank sensor or cam sensor??? where are these located?

I put the old TPS back in as i still cant get this guy over here with his tester or his fuel pressure gauge...

You do realize that anytime you remove and install the TPS, adjust the butterfly valve inside the throttle body you HAVE to adjust the TPS to spec. You can't just install it and call it good.

Smokin, really? Go spend the 10-20 dollars and buy a multimeter. You have at least seven people telling you to adjust the TPS. Quit worrying about the damn injectors or the CPS, ECT, POS, or anything else until you buy a meter and adjust.

Someone needs to replace his exhaust bearings!!!1

Smokin, really? Go spend the 10-20 dollars and buy a multimeter.

Not only will you use it to properly adjust your TPS, but you have to use this* to troubleshoot any problems down the road, along with verifying proper operation of the other sensors your RENIX engine uses.

* Of course, if you have a fancy DRB tool, you don't necessarily need a DMM.

Good fricken lord!

This is ridiculous, swapping the old sensor back still means it needs adjusting. I don't think I have ever seen someone behave quite so obtusely before.

:banghead:

Adjust the gorram tps!

Kastein - your charge of obtusity could be mistaken to be almost an insult of some kind. I am sure that was not your intent.

Pehaps you are unaware that the O.P.'s handle is short for "Smokinall4-poundsofthatweedIgotlasttimeIwasinTijuana"

I was actually going to go down and pick some up myself last week, but I had to adjust my TPS.

If that DMM doesn't do it, Home Depot has one that beeps...

Fuel pressure gauge - you don't need it. Even if your pump was bad, you'd still need to adjust your TPS.

Maybe if we tell him what he wants to hear and knock out everything on his list except adjusting the TPS, he'll eventually do it.

For sale: 1 pre-adjusted RENIX TPS

Requires no adjustment, 500 dollars or trade for 1989 Jeep Cherokee

ok you guys... I put the new TPS back on and bought a Multi meter tester and adjusted the TPS... Still nothing... Same thing is going on... Thinking it may be the CPS...

Smokinall4 is for: smoking all 4 tires, not lbs of chronic. Even though that works just as well... You know??? Only because i own a 06 STI as my other car... :)

You need to verify that there is a low resistance in the ground prong on the TPS.

Also, you can test the CPS with that new meter you just bought.

Back