• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help on a 3.5" RE lift install

20xj00

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys i'm getting ready to install my RE 3.5" superflex lift. I have only installed coil spacers before so i am a little nervous about tackling this one by myself. I am located in western MA and was wondering if anyone was willing to help me out. I will drive a few hours. I'm looking to do it between March 14th and 19th (thats when i'm on break from college)

where in Wmass?

i assume you have all the parts already? Add-A-Leaf or new packs? i don't have anywhere to offer to do it but if i have time i will try to get there. is your XJ a 2000 as your screen name seems to point to? have you accounted for the likelyhood you will NEED at the very least a t/case drop? (thats all i needed on my 99) get a few new leaf spring bolts from the dealership. you will not find a proper replacement at the local hardware shop if you need to cut one off.
what about trackbar? the stock one is too short for that lift to maintain proper geometry. i suggest you get it now if you can, waiting till "later" will just waste your tires (i know this first-hand also)

nothing is more agravating than not having everything ahead of time.

I am getting ready to order the lift. I will be geting the superflex AAL kit w/DT3000 shocks, adjustable track bar, adj lower front control arms, t-case drop, and 2* shims. Hoping it will be here in time, should be.

Its a 2000, sorry, forgot to tell you that. I just realized that the kit is only ~130.00 more for full leaf packs. Worth it?

Maybe I can take a ride over there for you. Get the full packs. You will so wish you did. I can maybe bring a friend to help speed it up too. Make sure you have all the tools you will need and start spraying you're bolts now with some Power Blaster and get that setting in.

Ya full leafs are best. If I lived closer to Williamstown I would help, but I live on the Cape, and I know that ride sucks, especially with my jeep.

Do you go to Williams? Cause I got a buddy who goes there and looks like the same age as you.

I can probably get you a garage around the springfield area to do it in plus air tools and whatever else we need. Lifting an XJ is no problem.

Can you do it during the week though.. I work weekends.

By the way.. go for the ful spring packs.. well worth it.

Ryan

I ordered the lift on friday, got the full packs. Unfortunately the guy said it will take a week and a half or two. So i'm hoping i will get it mid next week and can install it before i have to go back to school. I dont go to williams but its in my town. I go to URI.
If you could get me a garage that would be awsome. I could do it during the week. How long do you think it would take us to put it in? Once i get the tracking number i'll let you know when i'm going to get it.

The lift will probably take us all day .. I know my RE 3.5 took about 14 hours or so from start to finish but we ran into alot of problems.

Let me know when you get a tracking number and we can figure out when you want to do this.

If you need any help trying to figure out what you need ,then PM me. More than happy to help out

I've done two of these. First one was 12 hours and the second was only 8 hours. It was only my daughter and I doing it. The leaf packs are the only way to go. BTW, it's a great kit.

Ryan,

I got an invoice today saying the lift will be in on thursday, so if you think we can get it done in one day on friday that would be awsome. I could probably get one of my buddies to help. Let me know what you think.

-Bart

Sorry man but I have to work Friday nights at 7PM. I'll be dead all night if I wrench on your Jeep and then work a 12 hour shift wrenching on airplanes.

Sorry

Ryan,

If you're still interested in helping me with my lift how does this thursday, 3/23 sound?

Back