• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help needed

Iv got a ball joint press you can borrow any time but I don't have the time to be able to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iv got a ball joint press you can borrow any time but I don't have the time to be able to help.

Thank you for the offer i might take you up on that.
I rented the press from Autozone and its only good for the uppers the bottom joints need shallow sleeves to fit right to press them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inlandZJ, you also need the adapter kit its a seperate rental, it will have the correct sleeves in it. sometimes they call it a 4wd adapter set for the balljoint press.

Thanks Grim ya top ball joints are easier with the basic kit loan a tool deal. I just didnt want to buy the better kit usin it once or twice. Might have to buy it tho now just knock it out 👍

Look up the bleeping jeep(or is it bleeping jeeping) guys videos. He has one on the ball joints. I used it to do mine with a press I bought from harbor fright

im not talking about buying the kit, they have a set of just the cups for the 4wd balljoints as a rental as well. anywhere they rent the press they should have a secondary set of just the cups you can rent as well. one of the cups in there fits.

Back