• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help me decide what to do with these awesome wheels

I have about 6" of lift and 33X12.5 BFG A/T KO tires.
flex2.jpg
I just realized my wheels are not identical but similar. Anyway I love them in flat black because when I rash them up I just hit them with a rattle can and they are good as new.

Damn, even with a lift they will stick out a crap load. I need 4.5" back spacing or some much bigger over fenders

i have 4" of backspacing and run 33x12.5 tires and run about 4.5'' of lift and they stick out. I say you put the 32s on.. but who cares what we say run whatever you like. personally i think it looks better than tiny stock tires..

DSC04722.jpg

i think you should use them to decorate the least populated room in your house.

yeah because that breed of tire is extinct!

Damn! That sticks out a crap load! I just really want to see a straight on shot of stock hight with 15x8 4" backspacing with 30" tires.
seriously? its not rocket science man. if im understanding you correctly you want to know how far 30s will stick out with your newly aquired rims?

are your 30s on rims? if so, possibly stock rims? bolt them up and imagine them sticking out 1.25" more. it wont hang outside the stock fender flair. if you remove them, then yes... it wont be completely covered up.

Last edited:
That's what I was thinkin the difference is only about 2.5" because stock are 5.5 offset but they are 15x7, right? So an extra inch of width and extra 1.5 of backspacing. So that's 2.5", correct?

I had a 3" lift with 32's on 4" BS wheels and didn't have any issues with it. Tires would rub the fenders if I was really flexed out, but I had them trimmed so not a big issue. I thought it looked great.

IMG_3523.jpg

IMG_3524.jpg

IMG_3520.jpg

Flexed

100_0858.jpg

100_0859.jpg

And compare to the same size tire with 4.5" BS.

IMG_3517.jpg

For some reason, your's look like they stick wayyyy out, moreso than my 35's with 3.3" BS.

Stock is 5.25" backspacing which would be 1.75" offset (3.5" would be 0 offset) on a 7" rim. For comparison, an 8" wide rim with 5.25 backspacing (gambler rim is an example of this) would have an offset of 1.25, since the rim is 1" wider your offset is 1/2" less.

Basically, you want to look at backspacing and not offset. 4" backspacing on a 8" wide rim will have 0" offset (centered). 4" is widely considered the best option on stock axles.

Backspacing and offset are two different things. If iwas on my computer instead of my iPod in class I would provide you a link. Google it.

Last edited:
https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

offset measures the difference between where the enter line of the rim lies compared to the rim mounting surface. so for example:
a 7" wide rim with 5.25" backspacing will yeild 7/2=3.5 center line.... 5.25-3.5= 1.75 offset...

the link explains the math further, its not hard. buuuutttttttt.... to do the match for you. the lip on an 8" wide rim (with 4" of backspacing) will stick out 2.25" more than the lip of a 7" rim with 5.25" of backspacing. ((backspacing-backspacing)+(rim difference/2)) now. that number doesnt factor in sidewall deflection of the tire. the sidewalls on a 9.50 will be pulled in pretty good, personally, id run a stock rim. you wont rub.

I do really want to run these wheels. I am not a fan of stock wheels on anything. Ad these american racing rims are very light.

Where will I rub with 30"x9.5 on 15x8?

I do really want to run these wheels. I am not a fan of stock wheels on anything. Ad these american racing rims are very light.

Where will I rub with 30"x9.5 on 15x8?
front controll arms when full lock steer......other then shouldent be a big deal...w/e starts scrapeing just cut it off......

Back