• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help me choose my tires.

True, I asked locally and they said either or. So that's why I'm after the stt's and km2's. The kevlars are super nice, but fail in the mud.

Steel wheels plus retreads....this can affect your mileage if you care about that kind of thing.

I think I'm going to order the km2s. Reason is, 4wheelparts.com is offering 50 off instant,50 shipping and 50 mail in rebate. So 869 plus 50 shipping is 919.00, then subtract 50 rebate, and were at 869. Cheapest around. Locally I can get the stt's for 990 out the door.

Failed logic lol. I still have to get the km2s mounted. And at 20 a pop, I'm now at the price of the stt's

32" KM2's here. Absolutely love these tires. In the past i have ran treadwrights and Kumho(both a good tire) and the KM2's have out performed the others in all categories except MAYBE how well they clear. They ride smooth on the road even after having been aired down to 15 psi. It is my DD as well as my weekend warrior.

Failed logic lol. I still have to get the km2s mounted. And at 20 a pop, I'm now at the price of the stt's

Where do you go to get your tires mounted and balanced? I payed $12 a pop at Big O a few miles down the road from my house. This included peeling old tires and weights off of the rims. :thumbup:

Oh, and those are tires and wheels I bought off of KSL, not from Big O.

so it sounds like your only real requirement is they are good in mud, dont have a warm up time, fit a 15" rim, are 35s?

you can get a 35x10.50 bogger on a 15" rim. Thats going to be better than any 35x12.50 you will find out there in the mud. Interco also has SSR radials in 35x12.50 r15

Thanks hooper, But Im not interested in the boggers. They wear super fast, too fast IMO. And they arent radial neither are they?

I liked the SSRs but the price tag is enormous

You do realize that tires/winches/lifts in those mags get favorable reviews in accordance with how much the manufacturer pays the magazine.

Sent from tapatalk on iJunk

I was just stating what was in the mag. I don't take what they say for gold I pretty much think the same way for almost every mag.

Shoulda got Gumbo Monster Mudders....

I ended up going with the MTR Kevlars in 35x12.50 when I was in the same dilema. I had lots of sidewall problems with my 33x12.50s BFG MTs so I went goodyear. So far so good but I haven't had a good chance to actually wheel with them yet sadly.

I did end up with a 35x12.50 KM2 as a spare. I had a leftover 33 with some roadhazzard on it and they set me up with the 35 for $13! Looks good on the back of the jeep.

e6373806.jpg

Yes that chrome steel wheel is hideous(its only the spare), and yes I need to paint my bumper :D.

35x10.5x15 Super Swamper Boggers rule on the trail. They are narrow enough, that they side hill in the mud pretty good.

I vote the STT's. I had them on a FS Ford and loved them. stock ford on 33"s and I went everywhere. not very loud on the street either, even though it has a pretty wide tread pattern.

True, but no 35s.. or I would have been done that.(n)

edit: Thing with tires, is like if you buy one set then you would have wished you bought the other ones instead. For me haha its a lose lose situation. I still think it will be between the STTs and the KM2s

Back