• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help, Manufacturer not helpful at all

mbiker72

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, so im a noob. I purchased a budget boost from Rocky Road and i have installed everything but the shock extensions. Im a little confused on how these work. I think they go on the lower front and the upper rear? Ive asked RR to give me instructions, they said it was on the instructions for the lift...no it wasnt. So I emailed them back, so they said the same thing but sent me a copy of the instructions, once again...not there. So I emailed them back again, and they wont respond, so now im here. Are you supposed to get the stock bushing thing out of the shock eye? Someone clue me in please.

Yes they go on the lower front and upper rear. The bolts go in place of the funny pins (bar pins)that currently go through your shocks. I dont know the BEST way to get the stock bar pins out, however the most GRATIFYING way to get them out involves the use of a torch and BFH-IMHO-. this approach will however necisitate the purchase on new bushings. I think there is a recent thread on this board somewhere telling how to remove the barpins from the shocks, and in that thread it mentions using hairspray as a lubricant to put your new bolts through your bushings-IIRC

Also if you want you can use stock rear sway bar brackets that attach the sway bar to the axle (where you get these is up to you) as rear bar pin eliminators, and then resell the rocky road ones to help recoup some of the cost of your lift.

Upper rear shock bolts are gremlins designed specifically by Jeep engineers to make XJ owners throw expensive tools into odd parts of their garage.
Be prepaired to search for the solution to this problem.

edit;I have never dealt directly with Rocky Road, but they seem to have a reputation for having quality parts but terrible customer service, again i have never dealt with them directly.

Back