• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help! Chrysler 8.25 Powertrax No-slip, C-Clip question

Rawbrown said:
yes Randy's sends you straight back to richmond gear for replacment active spacers.
Richmond/Powertrax will not sell dierct. I talked to people in Sales and Tech. Support a few times when was looking for replacement parts. I was told repeatedly that they will not sell direct. They told me that I had to go through a dealer.

Getting a replacement spacer was a real chore for me. I checked with a number of local shops and got a luke warm reception at best. I got the impression that no one wanted to bother because I wasn't spending $$$$. I'd much rather spend my money locally whenever possible, but I simply coudn't find anyone willing to take it...sad really.

Raw,
Can't help you with the name of the guy at Randy's. As soon as I hung up, that piece of paper went into the trash. ( I try to take notes when doing buiz on the phone).

I was pleasantly surprised by the assistance I got from 4Wheel Parts. The guy I spoke with checked there system for perlaceemnt parts and found that the part number I needed wasn't listed. He politely asked If I would mind calling him back in 10-15 minutes so that he could have the part listing corrected based on the P/N I gave him. After calling back and getting the part ordered 2nd day air I was good to go. Then UPS screwed up the delivery and I had to wait 6 days for the part. I called 4WP and they immediately credited the shipping fee back to me.

FYI, the Powertrax P/N for the Right side active spacer (Non-Slotted) is 624014SEH1. If you are ordering from Summit,add the letters PWT in front of the number.

When I had mine I drilled a tiny hole in the backside of the clip, that way you know where the exact backside of it is.

I had to drill it out again when I recently replaced my axle seals. There wasn't anything broken, or out of alignment, the c-clip just didn't want to come out. What a PITA. With the new one and the last install, I polished the c-clip, and rounded the edges on the back side a bit, so it will hopefully come out easier the next time. I can't tell you if it worked though.

Back