• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help build rock sliders

Sometimes you really really need to just take a tape measure out and measure on your car. Like for fabbing ANYTHING.

fixed it for you.
reminds me of blue prints/shop drawings, where whoever drew the plays puts 'VIF' (verify in field) over every single measurement, because he knows the person building it is too retarded to actually check things for fitment before cutting/welding.

THIS ISNT A MODEL CAR, you need to actively participate if your gonna fab stuff with any kind of positive result =\

you get it sorted out yet? lets move past this snafu

Well its been awhile but i have finaly come close to getting donw with my sliders. We have had a ton of projects that have come in that needed to be done for peope, so those had to come first. But I got the driver side all done on my spare time, and should finish the passanger one tomorrow.

Heres a little pic,
downsized_0311001111.jpg

They are heavy somes of bitches. I would say atleast 40 pounds each right now. Im still thinking about adding a side round tube to come off the sides and angle up, but I dont know if I really want to add that much more weight. Will i really regret if I dont put it on? Does it serve a good purpose or would I be ok with out it?

The "handicap rails" come in handy for keeping big vertical face rocks and trees away from your doors. Weather or not you need them depends on what kind of wheeling you do. If you play in the woods a lot, I'd say go ahead and put them on. It's funny how the trees jump out at you(personal experience, not sarcasm) For trail running/light rock crawling, I'd leave them off.

Whats the normal weight for like JCR's sliders? Does anyone know. Or you guys that built your own do you guys have a idea how much yours weight?

I may built it just to have it insace. I just dont know if I want to angle it up, or just keep it straight.

Mine were only about 20-25lb each, (no handicap rails) but like I said, they turned out to be too thin. I expect they'll gain 10lb or so when re-done. Yours are heavier because i only used 1x2 for the legs, and only used 2 legs/side.

If you go with the angled up tubes, be sure they don't interfere with the doors, keep the tops of the tubes at least a half inch below the bottom of the door just in case one gets bent up.

Whats the normal weight for like JCR's sliders? Does anyone know. Or you guys that built your own do you guys have a idea how much yours weight?

I may built it just to have it insace. I just dont know if I want to angle it up, or just keep it straight.

I think my stage 2's are around 48lbs. Each.

well I finaly got my sliders done in class, and got them all primered up today, 5 cans later and 5 layers there done lol. going to put 2 cloats of black on tomorrow and then they will be done. Hope to get them on next weekend. having a hell of a time trying to find self tappers the size I need but I think I finaly found them. They are made out of 3/16 square tubing, and the pinch seam is made out of 1/4 flat stock. Mount to the frame in 12 places, and then 9 to the pinch seam. Enough talk heres a few pics.

downsized_0403001835b.jpg

downsized_0403001835a.jpg

downsized_0403001835.jpg

Back