• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help! 35's on an xj, how much lift??

All I am sayin, and I think the opinion is important to the topic, is that I believe people lift UNECESSARILY too much, for the sake of tire clearance.

I think this is illogical, and short-sighted.

IMHO, 10" and 35's is ridiculous, and LIMITS function. If it is for aesethetic reasons, fine I guess....for a jeep I believe form should follow function.....and for a trail vehicle, I don't see any sense in raising COG and limiting off-camber performance, so tires don't rub on uncut body sections, and doing so I think comes from a lack of understanding.

My XJ functions just fine with 10 inches, it has not been a problem for me on or off the trail, sorry i don't have the time or money for full size axles, but i built it to be very capable and it takes me where i want to go. I dont have a rock buggy(wish i did) and i feel no one is a poser for having ten inches of lift. We are talking about the diffence in a few inches, so f'n what. I do challenging terrain and sure i dont go crazy, but i still use it as a DD and I will say it again my Jeep goes everywhere i WANT TO!! Yargh To each his own

Hey xjrugger 35's on RE 5.5" lift with trimming----------eat your heart out. Even at this height I think it is too tall so I will be going to fullwidth bronco axles soon so I can have even better cog.

flexing.jpg

Back