• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headliner adhesive?

Hypoid,
I could usually get by with one. But it is close. I coat the board and let it dry for 30-45 minutes. I lay the fabric and get it straight I lift the fabric and spray the fabric. I then lay it on the board. It will stick right away. I then pull the rest of the fabric back and work a foot at a time until it is all done. If you want to come up here we can knock it out in short order. I use a spray gun and regular bulk contact cement now. I probably have enough left from my last project to knock it out. We can set it up across a couple of saw horses with a sheet of ply under it. That way you don't have to work down on your knees. Two people make it a lot easier and quicker.

By far the biggest hassle is removing the trim to get the headliner board out.

Last edited:
I'll take you up on that! :thumbup:

Fwiw when I did my foxbody headliner, 1 can was barely enough. I'd get 2 to be safe if you go that route. Once I set it down, I used a paint roller to make sure there was no wrinkles and it stuck well. Came out looking really good. Good luck!

I was thinking I would have a lot of free time in early October, but I see you are headed for Fall Fling.

Well I am hoping to run White Rim trail Oct 3rd. then come back and have my knee operated on Oct 7th. I am going to Oklahoma for work the week starting the 19th this month, so if you want to do it, between then and the end of the month is probably the best.

Soooooo, the 17th/18th, or the 24th/25th?

Oops! I already committed to another group's Adopt-a-Road run on the 25th.

I do appreciate the offer Tom, but I better push this project to the back burner.

I will be laid up for a while after Oct 7th due to knee surgery that they have kept putting off.

Back