• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HD hubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey you young ass goatfawker ... I'll take the blame. I have big "boney" shoulders. Besides ... I do not remember exactly who it was that torqued the nut. I do remember something amiss about your brake calipers though! :D

BTW, the antiseize had nothing to do with the nut coming loose. If you'll remember correctly, there is a locking cap nut and split pin that secures the nut on the axle shaft. Next time, we'll make sure to put your lard ass on the torque side of the wrench!

Hope you have found your problem ...

Les

Last edited:
:laugh2: you stood on it, but your just to damn scrawny. calipers? i dont know what your talking about :D i put weight on it till the screwdriver broke that was holding it. hopefully it will be enough. btw, only true if lawn cher is a goat

OK ... now from what I understood from your original post, you were experiencing excessive wear in your front hub bearings. Now you're saying the problem is just an isolated "loose nut"? What happened on the other (3) hub bearings? Is there another "scrawny" old fart there in the bayou you're exploiting help from?
Ramsey said:
I've gone through 4 unit bearing timken hubs in about 7 months or so.
Come on "son" ... get it together! Do you have a chronic problem, or is this just a piddly hub bearing problem you're wanting to dramatize? :wave:

Les

i didnt ask anyone to troubleshoot, just asked if there was something stronger. the first two were almost definetly victims of mud as i use to go in it(and usually get stuck) several times a week. that explains the first two. the 3rd which went bad in hot springs probably broke up there since it was fine before and had been on for many months. this one was probably from your light ass. but i take it that timken is about as good as it gets, if so i guess i'll just try and find a place that offers a lifetime warranty and rape them like passed out girl at a frat party

:cheers:

edit: oh btw i also love getting attention from you :kissyou:

IIRC too, that was a "used" hub bearing you put on up at Hot Springs ... so who knows. Keep in mind, antisieze has no detrimental affect on torque or the torquing of nuts / bolts. It just prevents them from siezing up due to rust, crap and corruption, and heat. In other words, don't be afraid to pick some of this stuff up and use it. Seriously ...

BTW ... you better take an unbrella with you today ... and make sure your "shoes" are on the right "feet" ... OK? :D

Les

LBEXJ said:
Keep in mind, antisieze has no detrimental affect on torque or the torquing of nuts / bolts. It just prevents them from siezing up due to rust, crap and corruption, and heat. In other words, don't be afraid to pick some of this stuff up and use it.

*BBBBZZZZZTTTTTT* Actually, it DOES have an effect on torque, and it may be detrimental. Torque values are generally specified for dry fasteners. Use of lubricant (and anti-seize qualifies) will usually drop the torque value by around 10%. Yeah, I know.... most of the time, over-torqueing isn't a problem. Under some circumstances, it can be.

ChiXJeff said:
... Use of lubricant (and anti-seize qualifies) will usually drop the torque value by around 10% ...
Are you saying the value used needs to be increased or reduced by 10% in order to achieve proper torque requirements?

Just to be clear ... Thanks Jeff.

Les

my mommy puts my shoes on for me:D

LBEXJ said:
Are you saying the value used needs to be increased or reduced by 10% in order to achieve proper torque requirements?

Just to be clear ... Thanks Jeff.

Les

If a dry fastener is spec'ed at 100 ft./lbs, then you lube it with anti-seize, you'd torque it to 90 ft./lbs.

Reduce the value used by 10% then ... Thanks Jeff.

Les

BTW Ramsey ... I wondered why you wore shoes with velcro attachments instead of strings.

did you just call my mom retarded?

Besides having poor grammer and problems understsanding double negatives, you are also lacking in reading comprehension.

Let me explain my last post. Oftentimes, when a parent has problem with a child that is unable to tie his/her own shoes, they will oftentimes buy shoes with velsro attachments for the child. This compensates for the childs disability and allows the child to dress themselves.

To answer your question, no ... but her son is (or at least one of them).

Les

well i said my mom puts on my shoes, and then you implied that whoever it was that puts on my shoes(implying me) is in need of velcro. But as i stated earlier that my mom puts them on you in a way called her a tard. Besides she cant even put them on the right side :laugh3:

Ramsey said:
btw, only true if lawn cher is a goat

I've never been hit on quite like this before, I'm unsure how to react.

ewe take it any way ewe want

Lawn Cher' said:
I've never been hit on quite like this before, I'm unsure how to react.

he is from Louissiana (SP?)

that is common practive down there...

excellent spelling. it means i want to suck his teet and tug on his horn while he eats my salad

Ugh! Where do you come up with this? Can't we just be friends?

friends with benefits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back