• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has anyone ever used this stuff??

They get nominated too.

I didn't change my cat until about 140k. And then I only changed it due to the E22 recall.I shouldn't need to change it out for a good long while now. And actually, safety is the fastest way to drive up a car's price. Dual airbags mandatory, crash test standards, pedestrian collision ratings, soon to be side airbags mandatory I bet. That stuff adds up a hell of a lot faster than emissions.

True, it all works but all sucks. Oh well.

Hmm, this might be the only automotive forum I visit that is so critical on running/not running a catalytic converter.

It is not so much if you are running one, it is if you are bragging or seem to be bragging about not running one. It just gives the enviro-nuts more ammo and excuses to shut down trails. If you are not running one, keep your mouth shut. Federal Statute says that if the car came equipped with one, it must stay so equipped. Would you shoplift then tell the corner cop that you did so? I know I do not go around posting any illegal stuff I do on the internet....

There was a piece of legislation that was just passed and I am sure that Obama will sign it. It gave an additional 2million acres of land protected status as natural sanctuaries. Meaning if there were ORV parks there, they will be closing soon. Giving the impression that we do not care about the environment gets things shut down. Like Tellico ORV Park, which is currently in a fight for its life over stuff like this.

It is not so much if you are running one, it is if you are bragging or seem to be bragging about not running one. It just gives the enviro-nuts more ammo and excuses to shut down trails. If you are not running one, keep your mouth shut. Federal Statute says that if the car came equipped with one, it must stay so equipped. Would you shoplift then tell the corner cop that you did so? I know I do not go around posting any illegal stuff I do on the internet....

There was a piece of legislation that was just passed and I am sure that Obama will sign it. It gave an additional 2million acres of land protected status as natural sanctuaries. Meaning if there were ORV parks there, they will be closing soon. Giving the impression that we do not care about the environment gets things shut down. Like Tellico ORV Park, which is currently in a fight for its life over stuff like this.

Sorry I gess I live life on the wild side. Now if I gave my name, address and stuff like that, that would be stupid.

There not closing the parks because of not using cats, Its because of people braking the simple rules. They go off the trail, leave trash, run over plant life. I have helped pick up the shit they leave behind up here. Thats the big cause. Emissions, a little.

Theres that word agian, bragging. Bragging would be me telling you that Im better then you for what I do. Sorry if it came out that way. I just said my mined, you dont have to lisen to it. Hell.

The last thread I read someone also stated he didnt have a cat. Like one person came down on him. I got all :NAXJA: hating me right now and not sure what is so different about me.

Im not saying Im right. But this cat/ no cat fight needs to end. Sorry for starting it.

Obama would have closed all the parks anyway. He thinks everyone should spend 30 grand and not drive anything that gets less then 40 mpg.

Running no cat isn't "living life on the wild side". No one is saying posting about it stupid because the feds will come get you. It's more a matter of by saying on a public forum, "I don't run a cat" You make it easy for environmentalists to find examples of motorsports enthusiasts not caring about the environment. Why should a bunch of people who don't care about how much they pollute be allowed to further their hobby at the detriment of the Earth? Why should they be allowed access to the back country if they're just going to pollute? Yes, going off trail and littering are a big part, but we don't need to give them any extra. So, run a cat or don't. Be advised that if for whatever reason you get found out you'll be in violation of Federal law, but just don't come on here or any other forum and argue about why you shouldn't have to. :)

I know all of you want this thread to end, but I just can't help myself. When I see so many spelling and grammar errors it makes me worry about the future of America and not so much about the future of the environment. I see it every day and it makes me worry about our future.

Now, the real reason that I am posting: I have been using Comp Cams break in concentrate with dino oil. I recently e-mailed the company about how much to use for regular use as opposed to breaking in a cam, and what the level of ZDDP would be when added to 6 quarts of SM rated oil. The response I got was that they recommend using one bottle added to up to 6 quarts oil to break in a cam. This was obviously not the answer that I was looking for. If anyone knows the answer or has any comments, please post a response.

Back