• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hack n Tap

I'm going to stray from the pack here. I personally think you're pouring money down the drain investing in an SYE if you do not need it. If you have no vibes and the slip yoke isn't hanging out when you articulate the rear, what's the point? When you go higher then get your accurate measurements for the length of driveshaft you need so that you will have a shaft that is custom for that lift. If you have money to burn spend it on something else like rails or recovery equipment or something else. Or paypal it to me. :laugh3:

MyJeepXJ said:
Many thanks there sir!

It does look like it still needs some more parts, like a yoke? Where do we get that, how much?

I know this is likely covered in other threads, the concept is mostly, with a cut off wheel (etc) you shorten the shaft, then center punch the end, drill it, tap it, and put a yoke adapter directly on the shaft? Correct?

I think I can handle that! HAHA!

Andrew

you need the flange for the end of you driveshaft. Spicer # 211229x (as stated before ) the RE CVF driveshaft mates right up with the RE1807 'hackntap' yoke.

ILLXJ said:
You still need a starter bit. JIM.

i did not use a starter bit, center punched it. and straight drilled with the RE bit. it was surprisingly sharp. but a starter bit is probably easier

Last edited:
:laugh3:
yardape said:
I'm going to stray from the pack here. I personally think you're pouring money down the drain investing in an SYE if you do not need it. If you have no vibes and the slip yoke isn't hanging out when you articulate the rear, what's the point? When you go higher then get your accurate measurements for the length of driveshaft you need so that you will have a shaft that is custom for that lift. If you have money to burn spend it on something else like rails or recovery equipment or something else. Or paypal it to me. :laugh3:
All I know is I have 127,000 miles on my original U-joint, driveshaft. 1" t-case drop, 5" of lift. No Vibes!!! Hundreds of miles of trails right out my back door and use them regularly! No need yet for SYE. 99' XJ.

Back