• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H4 HID conversion kit

try going to the12volt.com than click on forums than led hids than search led flicker

so fixed as in hids are working or back to stock

Last edited:
HID's are working, I am just real anal when it comes to wiring stuff up, and an extra relay under the hood bothers me, not to mention cutting into my harness. It's supposed to be plug and play.

i hear ya but the relay isnt a bad idea and it what i prolly shoulda done when the flickering in mine was driving me nuts so i read about installing capaciors on the forum i told you about and it seemed to work the next step woulda been to upgrade the harness and install relays but as i said if you start getting the flicker again check out that site theres alot of good info on there alarm wireing and i think diagrams

I was just checking cardomain, and I found this link.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2986058

The guy claims to have done a bi-xenon retrofit (courtesy a bmw m3). I know the color of the headlights is hideous (looks like 8000+k which mean they produce diminished lumens), but I would love to see pics of the work.

thanks for sharing hey urban you familiar with theretrofitsource.com forum for retrofitters of projectors into stock housings lots of info there but i havent seen anyone that had done it in our lights did see one in the old vw bus headlights

I'm not familiar with that site; I usually buy my oem parts on eBay.

I am familiar with lightwerkz; their retrofits are jaw-dropping. I'm most impressed that he freely posts his waiting list online (it looks like he guarantees a quick turn-around). I usually deal with www.izntrbl.com. He does great work, but he takes way too long.

Looks like the guy posted another pic. I hope he posts some install pics.
I'm dying to see the back of that headlight and the headlight bezel

2986058_12_full.jpg

I would love to have bi-xenons in my XJ but really can't picture the pricetag - seems H4s, a new HD wiring harness and a good pair of halogens are the best bang for the buck - by the time I was done dossing around with bi-xenon retrofits & parts, etc, I could upgrade stock lighting to the aforementioned, go with a WJ MC / booster & buy an Aussie for my 8.25 (!) as well...
No tech here, just bitching and moaning.

I seldom have money for big projects (ok never); that's why I always look for projects I can buy in pieces - over time - than put them together into something big when I finally collected everything.

That guys bi-xenon retro is totally doable on a budget. Headlights are cheap, and so's an H4/ Bi-xenon harness. You just need some patience finding a complete oem kit on ebay (or maybe a local boneyard).

seems H4s, a new HD wiring harness and a good pair of halogens are the best bang for the buck

For sure! Buy some quality H4 bulbs (Osram NightBreaker over her in Europe), make yourself a HD harness, get a set of Hella housings and be happy. If then still money is burning a hole in your pocket get a set of auxilliary HID lights. That´s what I did and I´m quite happy.

Over here it´s a big legal hassle to mount HIDs lights in a vehicles headlights but you can have as much "working lights" with HIDs on your vehicle like your wallet and electrical system can handle.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/hidkihidbuhi.html

Got mine from here...installed them today and with e-codes aimed properly they are AWESOME and haven't been flashed once...even have driven by people on a 2 lane highway while on the phone and they said they're not too bright or glare bad at all....but watch those highbeams cuz they're blinding!!

Anyways, I got mine from there because they offer bi-xenon AND a lifetime warranty, which from the few people I've read about ever having a problem with one of the parts, they stand behind their warranty really well and don't give you a hassle for a replacement.

Down side? SLOW SHIPPING!!! Ordered mine on Feb 1st and got it today!

From what I've heard DDM's products have really taken a turn for the worse. And to top things off their customer service did the same to match. So when the bulbs do go out, good luck taking advantage of that warranty.

Well although they were purchased through DDM they are not actually DDM brand, they are apexcone, which from what I understand is a different company. Anyways, time will tell.

Back