• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H4 HID conversion kit

do u own a meter or a test light check if u have power from ur h/l switch with all this fuckin round maybe u shorted it and blew a fuse it just dawned on me there are 1 fuse for each side of your headlights when i first installed mine they flickered alot and from f-in with em i blew fuses 10 amp arent enough for the momentary spike the hids pull i upgraded to 20s check that

Last edited:
Alright, I double checked the relay and it is wired fine. But how it is setup now is the wire going back to my switch that it's hooked up to now is on #86. I swapped the wire that is coming from my factory switch onto that prong and still got nothing. Double triple checked and still nothing. It almost seems as if my factory switch isn't sending a signal to my relay, when pulled out.

I have a positive and ground going to the relay. That's a given. Then I have my wire going to the ballasts connected to the relay and a signal wire going to a switch. The switch has 12 volts where it's at. Now if I take off my signal wire going to the external switch and connect the wire going from the harness back to the stock switch, it won't work.
sounds right

The relay I hooked up has power and a ground. I cut the blue wire (low beams) on the stock harness before the connector that goes to the headlamp, in half. The side that is coming from the harness, I hooked up to one switch of the relay, and the wire going to the female socket (blue, other end of cut wire) to the other switch of the relay.

I still think the relay is wired wrong, or else the lights wouldn't work when you change the wires on 85 or 86. If the only thing you have to change to make them work is moving one wire, then something is wrong, and it's probably the way you connected the stock wiring to both terminals on the relay.

it did sound like he had it on one of those quotes i posted the one that says power and ground going to the relay thats what made me start thinking about fuses i remembered blowing mine cuz the friggin ballasts pull so much current if they flicker more than a couple of seconds

yea but he said it works when its on some switch and dosent when coming from the h/l switch which sounds like no power in that wire= blown fuse or the wrong wire alltogeather

Now my question is, can I eliminate that relay all together, and just get it back to the basic plug and play system and let the stock relay take care of it? When I tried it like that first, the lights would just flicker on and off and when I turned the headlight switch off, it would start clicking like crazy until I unplugged the ballasts. Do you think a weak/blown switch could have been causing that in the first place, or is the second relay required?

So no directions, you insist it's wired correctly, but it doesn't work? You replaced the blown fuse in the stock wiring, and it still doesn't work? Is that pretty much where we're at now?

I replaced the blown fuse in the stock wiring, which now allows the headlight switch to turn on my relay (fuse=completed circuit). I'm asking if I eliminate the relay and splice the wires back stock, connect it all as it would be plug and play, would it work?

I'm not sure, I can't figure out what you've done to the wiring. This is how a relay is normally connected.

relay-1.jpg

The stock circuit would be used only to switch the relay- not to power the lights. Your relay isn't wired like this, is it?

Honestly, no, I think you should put your stock lights back in and either do some more research, or find a qualified installer. It should be a very straight forward and simple wiring job.

Back