• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got some 33x10.50s on the XJ

dcXJ

NAXJA Forum User
...and of course, pictures:

33s003.jpg

33s002.jpg

33s004.jpg

...I realize that not everyone likes white letters out...but I actually like the way it looks...I don't normally have tires mounted white letters out either...and it was done that way by mistake by the shop as they didn't hear me request black lettering out...but I'm happy they did it that way.

-Dave.

Why did you go with ATs? I mean the rig looks ready to get it and you put street tires on it. I just went from KOs to MTZs and it made a world of difference.

I like your bedline job, I am about to do the same, except I left that little lip on the front fender to match the rear.

Honestly, the rig sees mostly street these days....occasionally I go off roading, but with work, 2 kids, one kid on the way and all the usual BS that goes along with it...I'm lucky to see wheeling once a month. It's all good though. I've had BFG AT KOs on quite a few rigs, and they haven't let me down off road yet...and I've done plenty of rock gardens with the BFG ATs...I'm happy with them....I drive my XJ about 50-60 miles per day for work 5 days a week...so a MT wasn't cutting it for that anymore. The TrXus MTs were taking a beating with that driving...and I don't wheel enough to justify keeping around a spare set of MTs just for wheeling. But thanks...I'm happy with the way the XJ has come together. Not much else going on with it now as far as mods...taking a break for quite a while.

Got any pics of it straight from the front with the wheels straight??????

Looks awesome, I would so bedline like that if my Jeep wasnt black, it would be kinda pointless

Thanks man...I can get some pics of it straight from the front with the wheels straight sometime this weekend.

Thats cool, I know thats kinda picky but Im thinking about getting some 33x10.5 BFG Muds. Are those 15x7??? What backspace you running

Yeah, those are 15x7 with 4.75" b.s.

Thanks man....it's actually a rubberized undercoating...works great. Some scuffs and scrapes here and there, but very easy to touch up. I'm planning to Herculine it though later this summer...just wanted to see how it came out first before I committed to the Herc as that's very permanent.

Thanks Steve! Hopefully I can make it out to XFest in August...you planning on going?

I actually do. I could do either one, black or white....but I'm fine with the way it is now....wasn't supposed to be that way...but when it was done I figured...what the hell? ;)

BFG AT's are second to none.

I have never been dissapointed; rather, at first I was quite suprised at their ability to self clean and keeping on clawing.

As a matter of fact, I will probably go back to them after my BFG MT's wear out.

They have a great tread life and are still up to the kind of trail duty most of us do. I for one, am not into flinging around gobs of mud. Also, they have the water sipes which the MT's lack, making for better on-ice behavior.

meh, to each their own.

p.s. white out is the way to go --> i remember when black out was rare to see --> these days white out is the dying breed.

jeephog said:
Looks awesome!! I'm currently running the same size in BFG muds and I love the size. Same wheel size and offset as well. Nice rig!!

Thanks man...I'm very happy with that size so far. No complaints, not a real noticeable drop in mileage, and power seems to be holding up well....a trans. cooler is next on the list this weekend for added insurance against wearing down the AW4 prematurely...better to be safe than sorry. I haven't regeared yet, but that's on the list as well sometime down the road here...probably Fall timeframe.

kndrewa said:
BFG AT's are second to none.

I have never been dissapointed; rather, at first I was quite suprised at their ability to self clean and keeping on clawing.

As a matter of fact, I will probably go back to them after my BFG MT's wear out.

They have a great tread life and are still up to the kind of trail duty most of us do. I for one, am not into flinging around gobs of mud. Also, they have the water sipes which the MT's lack, making for better on-ice behavior.

meh, to each their own.

p.s. white out is the way to go --> i remember when black out was rare to see --> these days white out is the dying breed.

No doubt....I too am a believer in bfg at's...excellent on road manners and just enough off road performance to get you places normal street tires fear to tread.

IH8RDS said:
You need a 5th tire up there!!

Looks good Dave

;) Thanks man. Yeah, I've got the 5th on order...it was delayed but should be here soon. Have the rack down now for recoating, so that should be done in the next week or so.

Back