• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

got my oil analysis back..

XJLI

NAXJA Forum User
and it looks great!

XJoilreport1.jpg

i ran cheap crap oil for two changes before i switched to the rotella, so hopefully after the next time i send in a sample the coolant levels go away.

It ought to be, with only 105,561 miles on it you haven't broken it in good yet!

I run Rotella T 10w-30 winter, 15w-40 summer. I've never run the T6

I'm on my first oil change with this XJ (92k) and used some cheap shit. I do have a bottle of t6 ready for the next change though.

What did this little test cost ya?

I've run T6 in my '03 Vw Jetta TDI...

But have not run it in my '87 Cherokee because it doesn't leak running conventional oil.

It would be handy to run the same oil, but I'm worried about leaks on a Jeep that has never leaked oil.

Thoughts?

I've had analysis done on the Jetta, but not the Jeep.
I am concerned about the Jeep leaking on synthetic.

Test cost 25 or 30 bucks. The valve cover gasket leaks a bit more now but that's an easy fix. Doesn't leave any more than a penny size drip in the driveway.

I've run T6 in my '03 Vw Jetta TDI...

But have not run it in my '87 Cherokee because it doesn't leak running conventional oil.

It would be handy to run the same oil, but I'm worried about leaks on a Jeep that has never leaked oil.

Thoughts?

I've had analysis done on the Jetta, but not the Jeep.
I am concerned about the Jeep leaking on synthetic.

You know the old saying, "If your Jeep is not leaking oil it doesn't have any in it!"

Personally I do not like synthetic, I don't even run it in my Hemi Commander. Its a waste of money for me, I'm going to change the oil every 3,500 miles anyway. If your okay going 6-7K between changes then go with synthetic. I'm OCD and can't go that long between changes.

As far as leaks, I don't think that syn makes a big difference.

You know the old saying, "If your Jeep is not leaking oil it doesn't have any in it!"

Personally I do not like synthetic, I don't even run it in my Hemi Commander. Its a waste of money for me, I'm going to change the oil every 3,500 miles anyway. If your okay going 6-7K between changes then go with synthetic. I'm OCD and can't go that long between changes.

As far as leaks, I don't think that syn makes a big difference.

True, full syn. oil has uniform molecule size. It does not cause leaks, if there are leaks it makes them more noticeable.
As for oil change intervals, other than being OCD, the only way to truly tell is with an oil analysis.

About 7 years ago I worked at OAL, Oil Analysis Lab ( oillab.com )in Spokane, Washington. Basically the same as blackstone, prices vary and I haven't checked prices or had analysis since I worked there. But I definitely learned quite a bit while I was there. There are several tests they can run depending on what you require.
As the OP posted, results will vary depending on the quality of the oil/filter used.
I run full syn in my heep, mostly Amsoil AMO. Usually go about 6k between oil changes. All of Amsoil's have a min. spec of 7500/12mo. some greater mileage. Obviously YMMV, but only test will tell.

Oil analysis is da bomb! I have used oil analyzers and Blackstone. Both seem good, but oa is cheaper when you include a tbn test.

How do you guys like t6? I ran it for a short time bujt changed it because when it was less than 10 kj got crazy oil pm,p starvation... this was a 5w-40 weight oil.... didn't get that from mobile 1.

This thread reminds me, need to order some amsoil for the jeep.

Mine doesn't leak a drop as of now..
May send them a sample soon..but I'm
Running cheapo oil right now..got some t6 waiting to go in. My thing is I only drive like 15 miles a week on a normal week lol. I don't put many miles on this one

Mine doesn't leak a drop as of now..
May send them a sample soon..but I'm
Running cheapo oil right now..got some t6 waiting to go in. My thing is I only drive like 15 miles a week on a normal week lol. I don't put many miles on this one

I definitely recommend an oil analysis. You will see where you stand with the cheap oil. Running good synthetic has it's advantages. With the low mileage ran, you will probably change filters more than the oil itself.

Really want to find someone out here who does this. Wanna see how the rotella has been for the Dodge and the sisters Jeep.

Back