• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got my new seats in

chrisja77

NAXJA Forum User
Just got my ZJ seats installed into my 95 XJ today. I LOVE them. Here are a few pics.

Pic of the old seats right where they belong...lol
006.jpg

New rockin awesome seats!!!

010.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

BOOTLEGGER said:
Were they a direct bolt in?

almost

BOOTLEGGER said:
or did you need to modify anything?

The rails for the ZJ wouldn't bolt in so I had to use the manual rails for the XJ. The ZJ front seats were a direct bolt in on the XJ rails though. I just don't have power seats (yet, still working on adapting the ZJ rails). The back seat I had to pop the bottom cushion off and shave a little off of the back corner on the drivers side (it was hitting on the fenderwell) and take a hammer and "reshape" :gee: the fenderwell (on both sides). The bracket for the middle of the back seat had to be installed backwards to bolt in and work on the XJ. Other than that they were direct bolt in. Not too bad if you are even a little bit mechanicaly inclined.

BOOTLEGGER said:
And last what year Grand did they come out of?

My ass has done nothing but thank me since I did it. The cushion has alot more padding, and the back has the little wings on the sides that wrap around you. The biggest problem I have is that it is a 2 door XJ, and the front seats don't fold up. They do scoot up towards the dash quite a bit, and my kids are the only ones that ever really ride back there, so I don't think this will be much of a problem. They say the back seat rides much better than the old one did too. Next I'm looking at replacing the carpet to something a little darker to match the seats. I'm hoping if the carpet and seats match, the other interior that is tan won't look as bad. I found a place that will do the carpet for 325. I didn't think that was too bad a price. Anyone else had their carpet replaced? What did you pay?

The other thing you could do is recolor the leather. I picked up a set of leather seats that are grey and will redye them to tan to match the rest of my interior. Talk to an upholstery shop about it.

Back