• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good Shocks?

pataterchip said:
has anyone tried the shocks from QA1, I have the heims and there awsome was wondering about there shocks?

Just got a quote for the rear.....$164.95 Each !!!! Thats the new adventure series that is made for the cherokee. Definately out of my price range!!

get yer soft 8's then start saving for the OMEs. that way you'll only have to wait for one instead of both.

I'm still stuck on Jessica Alba on my right finger...

...I'm running Rancho RS5000's as I was on a budget, and I have no complaints. I would think that from the reviews I've read, these are toward the top of the list for "budget shocks".

ranchos are top of the line... maybe for people who dont need real shocks....
i wouldnt be cought dead rolling ranchos

for the price, 5150s are nice. if you can go more expensive, entry level 2.0 remote reservoirs run around $200 and are rebuildable

you may want to look into some of the rebuildable shocks. i do love the performance of the bilstiens and would never knock em, but i have switched over to Fox and am equally impressed. especially since i can revalve them if needed and rebuild when they get worn. that alone saves alot in the long run.

xL8 APEKSx said:
...I'm running Rancho RS5000's as I was on a budget, and I have no complaints. I would think that from the reviews I've read, these are toward the top of the list for "budget shocks".

Thats true if you have never ridden on bilstiens. Come out to truckhaven on Jan 19 with me and I'll let you run my rig for a few on good shocks. :)

2stix said:
you may want to look into some of the rebuildable shocks. i do love the performance of the bilstiens and would never knock em, but i have switched over to Fox and am equally impressed. especially since i can revalve them if needed and rebuild when they get worn. that alone saves alot in the long run.

I can rebuild and revalve my bilstiens..

In fact, if you know what you're doing, you can rebuild the cheaper 5150's.

cal said:
I can rebuild and revalve my bilstiens..

In fact, if you know what you're doing, you can rebuild the cheaper 5150's.

thats great to know. i had not seen the 5150 up close yet and didnt realize they were rebuildable. the older bilstiens i used were not.

2stix said:
thats great to know. i had not seen the 5150 up close yet and didnt realize they were rebuildable. the older bilstiens i used were not.

They are not by bilstien spec rebuildable, but I've still seen it done. Thats why its a "if you know what you're doing" thing. :)

cal said:
They are not by bilstien spec rebuildable, but I've still seen it done. Thats why its a "if you know what you're doing" thing. :)

The 5150 wasn't made to compete with the likes of Fox, thats what the 4 or 5 series of shocks above the 5150 are for. :)

this is what happens when you invite people from socal to a debate about shocks.... remote resi this..... rebuildable that....

i do love the desert

Are all explorer procomp shocks created equally?? I have the es3000 yes by all means garbage, Looking at mx6 monotubes specifically.any one have personal experience with the mx series?

I havent put MX6 shocks on -my- rig, but i've driven rigs that have them and wasnt really all that impressed.

whatabout re mono's?? ome + bilsteins are around the $690 mark up here in canada, you'd think there is an ocean between here and the states the way stuff is marked up,unbelievable

Wow. What if you order from a US vendor, do you still get reamed in fees?

The RE mono's are a step or two down from the 5150's, but arent a bad shock. They'll eat up an impact, its the 15 bumps behind that one where bilstien shines through.

If I order from a us vendor I must pick them up in the stated to avoid the evil brokerage fee's, I paid $130 brokerage to ups for a $250 used turbo from arizona plus the shipping fee. I swear these shops up here buy low down there and just double the price and resell it up here.Re + procomp + rancho are the only ones I can get good pricing on

Of those I would go

RE Mono > Rancho 9000 > rancho 5000 > bicycle.

Back