• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good Places to know in SD area

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I figured that it'd be good to start a list of businesses/shops that have stuff we need for the jeeps. I suggest that each county have it's own thread, and that posts have only business addresses and what they sell (if not self explanatory). OT post will be deleted to avoid clutter.

Oceanside Driveline, David Bernal 899-974-9719 or 760-439-9719
2435 B Industry St Oceanside, 92054-4862

RawBrownRyan (760) 230-1460
1125 Santa Fe Drive Encinitas, CA 92024

Roger Daniel 619-562-7969 or 1-888-704-8517 Alignments and Suspension work
8517 Ablette Rd. Shop F Santee, CA 92071

Last edited:
jerry lief surplus on main street in chula vista, mostly for metal, if you do your own fab work.

K-Surplus in national city, i get all my hard ware there ( literaly all of it )

more to come as i think of them.

Troy

Kejtar said:
Oceanside Driveline, David Bernal 899-974-9719 or 760-439-9719
2435 B Industry St Oceanside, 92054-4862

RawBrownRyan (760) 230-1460
1125 Santa Fe Drive Encinitas, CA 92024

Roger Daniel 619-562-7969 or 1-888-704-8517 Alignments and Suspension work
8517 Ablette Rd. Shop F Santee, CA 92071
Kechup, You knuckle head, none of those places are in South Dakota!

JSA Jeep, Run by a guy Jeff Scheckel over near El Cajon I believe. He's a straight shooter, no BS on prices. Does custom work as well as installing kits and what not. He's currently working on a customer's TJ. Guy walked in and gave Jeff $100,000 to build the sweetest rig he could. I saw it the other day and it's incredible. Front and rear 60s', LS1 V8, RE longarms, custom everything. Looks fantastic.

Chris

Jamul Hardware. Got good selection of grade 8 bolts and other odds and ends. plus they give you free popcorn!!

It's located on high way 94 before the Jamul post office next to filipies pizza

XJRunner said:
Jamul Hardware. Got good selection of grade 8 bolts and other odds and ends. plus they give you free popcorn!!

It's located on high way 94 before the Jamul post office next to filipies pizza

Forget the hardware store....theres a Filipies pizza there???? I thaught they were all gone now!
BTW Where the hell is Jamul? ;)
Rick

ckh550 said:
JSA Jeep, Run by a guy Jeff Scheckel over near El Cajon I believe. He's a straight shooter, no BS on prices. Does custom work as well as installing kits and what not. He's currently working on a customer's TJ. Guy walked in and gave Jeff $100,000 to build the sweetest rig he could. I saw it the other day and it's incredible. Front and rear 60s', LS1 V8, RE longarms, custom everything. Looks fantastic.

Chris

I retract this statement. Jeff does ok work, and he's a 'straight shooter', but sometimes he's just a dick. You often have to wait 30 minutes just to talk to him since he's running around doing other things, and just blows off the customer...even though I'm the only one in his shop. He welded on some swaybar extension links for my Currie steering, which immediately bent on some light light wheeling, and my brother's broke twice. He's had the same problem with others. He is fixing it for free which is good, but what a pain in the ass.

Sometimes he does good stuff, and he tries to please customers, but in my opinion he's just not very good at it.

Chris

Did anyone see him on the news a few years ago with Marty Emerald. It said something about an unhappy customer and his business being in someone elses name to avoid suit? The reporter had them running around the shop trying to avoid questions.

KH

Jump This said:
Forget the hardware store....theres a Filipies pizza there???? I thaught they were all gone now!
BTW Where the hell is Jamul? ;)
Rick
it's by Rancho San Diego. Just follow the 94 freeway and you'll go right to it

jsa sucks... I would never recomend him to anybody... he was suppose to build traction bars for my brothers cj-8 and he did, but took him like 8-9 months and lots of bs was involved along with it. the first trip out to the sand dunes the traction bars bent ... he said he would rebuild them and never did...he charged $800 dollars for it too...my brother and i got tired of jeff having the jeep (for months at a time) and not being able to use it and we asked for a refund and he refused. this all After I had bought $5000 worth of parts from him and My brother spent another $6000. He has screwed other people before and he was under investigation by a local news channel a couple years back..----Justin

Not sure if anyone else has used these guys for anything but my 1 experience with them was pretty great. I needed to get my SYE put in, but didnt have a press or the time/expertise to get it done in time for a trip. So i went to them with the AA SYE, my 95 XJ and a Tom Woods Drive Shaft and they slipped me into to their schedual on a busy day to get it done for me. Cost was same he listed and is posted on the page and it may have been high but it was worth it. They seem to be cool guys, do a lot of work on XJs even though their site mostly shows TJ/YJ stuff.

JJ's Fabrication
http://www.jjsfab.com/index.htm

They are located in Kearny Mesa so nice and central for San Diego.

industrial liquidators in kerney mesa. on convoy near clairmont-mesa
awsome place for earls fittings and damn cheap too, great for electrical fittings, clips, switches, heat shrink. they have LOTS of high grade military surplus small nuts and bolts CHEAP... if you fab, there is so much random things, your first time you will be in there for hours, plan on it. also they have used crane straps/ 20 ft tow straps for $20. s.s brakelines of every size , cheap. that place has been my little secret for awile and now you all know

Industrial Liquidators have been there for 20+ years. It's not a secret. :)

JJ's Fab is definetly a group of good guys. Mark has a nice 99 XJ. I've had my XJ up there a couple of times. Getting ready to send it back up there for some more work. I always try and send business their way.

Yeah they should still be around, shoot them an email to the address on their site. I was in touch with them about 2 weeks ago trying to find a tool for a steering job I was helping a friend do, and they were really cool about it even though it wasnt any business for them.

Thanks everyone. I got in touch with JJ's Fab.

They told me they closed down for about 3 months while they moved to a new facility... and are just now re-opening and accepting work.

I talked to a couple guys over there, and I must agree with everyone here... they seem to be very good guys. They were very willing to answer my newbie questions, and unlike some other big-name shops in town, never made me feel hurried.

Their website is down right now, but here is their info:
JJ's Fabrication
8869 Balboa Ave, Suite E
San Diego, 92123
858-292-2366

Thanks again everyone. Glad to find a good shop...

I'll report back on my experience after the work is done.

Last edited:
Back