• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good Places to know in LA area

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I figured that it'd be good to start a list of businesses/shops that have stuff we need for the jeeps. I suggest that each county have it's own thread, and that posts have only business addresses and what they sell (if not self explanatory). OT post will be deleted to avoid clutter.

Lovelady's hardware 310-328-4274
1967 W Carson St, Torrance, CA 90501

Last edited:
A B Mobile
22826 Mariposa Ave.
Torrance, CA 90502
One of the few places left to get radio (CB/HAM) stuff. Normally stocks SWR meters and can order anything you want.

Signal Electronics
[SIZE=-1]22307 Ocean Ave.
Torrance, CA 90505
Good place to get oddball electronic supplies and parts.

Redondo Marine (West Marine franchise)
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]1010 N Catalina Ave
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
310.376.0512[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Wide varity of shackles/clevises. Fancy ropes and such for all your S&M needs.
[/SIZE]

Last edited:
B&H Drive Shaft
Martin Bernardo
828 E. Compton Blvd.,
Compton, CA 90221
310-603-1355

Vellios Machine Shop
4625 Manhattan Beach Blvd
Lawndale, CA 90260
(310) 643-8540

Probably done half a dozen motors for me. Never had a problem, good prices. Some local garages do business there as well.

Cherokid said:
Vellios Machine Shop
4625 Manhattan Beach Blvd
Lawndale, CA 90260
(310) 643-8540

Probably done half a dozen motors for me. Never had a problem, good prices. Some local garages do business there as well.

we used to use vellios, till they ruined a pair of 454 heads. they rebuilt 4 22r motors for us and 2 of them threw a rod in the first 500 miles, one was overheating so they pulled the head to check the head gasket and found the head epoxied on where they had ripped the gasket before putting it on. BUT: this was 10 years ago so maybe they are better now, i just dont really hear good things about them. for those of you that dont know i work at the napa store in gardena, and i deal with most of the repair shops in this area. most of them used to use velios and wont go back.

now we use west california machine in downtown LA. one of they guys at work is a street racer and they have built 4 700+ hp motors for him with no problems.

just my 2¢ like i said it was awhile ago and we dont use them anymore, so they may have shaped up.

The last time I use them was probably about the same time but who knows. Maybe I got the good mechanic or caught him on a good day. My brother just had them do an engine for his 66 mustang. I'll let him know to keep an eye on it.
Thanks,
Tony

I'm considering getting a stroker for my 92'. Anyone know approximately how much one would cost? Would it be cheaper to buy one already done or to have my 4.0 built?
Thanks

GrimmJeeper said:
we used to use vellios, till they ruined a pair of 454 heads. they rebuilt 4 22r motors for us and 2 of them threw a rod in the first 500 miles, one was overheating so they pulled the head to check the head gasket and found the head epoxied on where they had ripped the gasket before putting it on. BUT: this was 10 years ago so maybe they are better now, i just dont really hear good things about them. for those of you that dont know i work at the napa store in gardena, and i deal with most of the repair shops in this area. most of them used to use velios and wont go back.

now we use west california machine in downtown LA. one of they guys at work is a street racer and they have built 4 700+ hp motors for him with no problems.

just my 2¢ like i said it was awhile ago and we dont use them anymore, so they may have shaped up.

Gardena Auto Parts NAPA
16517 S Normandie Ave.
Gardena, CA 90247
(310) 324-1171
just off the 91 freeway

call or come in, i set us up with a discount for NAXJA members. just tell them before hand that you're with the jeep club. i can also look up prices check stock in the store from home so feel free to PM me if you need anything. the discount applies to tools and shop supplies as well, not just jeep parts :D

-mike

Hydraulic fittings and lines:

Deering Industries
3300 Cherry Ave
Long Beach, CA 90807
562-595-1668

Dirty Parts
www.dirtyparts.com

12012 W Washington Blvd # 5
Los Angeles, CA 90066-5893
(310) 390-9086

I get all my steel from the scrap pile here, good prices.
Bobco Metals LLC‎ -
2000 S Alameda St, Los Angeles, CA‎ - (213) 748-5171

Last edited:
South Bay 4x4
4621 W Rosecrans Blvd.
Hawthorne, ca 90250

I blew up my transfercase on the grape vine headed into LA.. they came in on a saturday when they are usually closed, took my parts and had me back on the road by wedensday... being new in town I didnt have time to shop around, they really took care of me.

Last edited:
I know it's been awhile since anybody has updated this thread, but I thought I'd throw in some SGV spots that I do lots of business with.

Someone already chimed in on King Bolt, which is awesome. Often times I go to Specialty Fasteners instead, because it's closer to me and they've been very helpful.

Specialty Fasteners
1537 West McKinley Avenuehttp://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&e...t=more-results&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CB4QtQMwAA
Azusa, CA 91702-3265http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&e...t=more-results&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CB4QtQMwAA

Get Directions
(626) 969-6789
specialty-fasteners.com
You can go to their website and see what they carry in the "products" section. I thought it was actually in Irwindale, it's right off of Irwindale Ave south of the 210.

Also:
General Driveshaft Services
133 West Maple Avenuehttp://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&e...t=more-results&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CB4QtQMwAA
Monrovia, CA 91016-3420http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&e...t=more-results&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CB4QtQMwAA

Get Directions
(626) 357-9560
I often go here instead of many other places that are closer to where I do business. Their great service and "never say no" attitude make them worth the drive. Just off of Myrtle, north of the 210.

Last:
Atlas Spring Company
127 4th Avenuehttp://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&e...t=more-results&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CB4QtQMwAA
City of Industry, CA 91746http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&e...t=more-results&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CB4QtQMwAA

Get Directions
(626) 333-7373
atlasleafspring.com
Fernando has always been extremely helpful and gotten me out of jams whenever I needed leaf springs, work done on leafs, or needed any related hardware. On Valley Blvd, Southeast of the 605 and the 10 interchange.

Hope these help!! :laugh3:

Lifted XJ friendly alignment shop in El Monte (thanks to cracker for finding it):

20130826_074804_zps56a6d757.jpg

Back