• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

good local shops for lifts?

Athompson

NAXJA Forum User
after mucho reading here i decided on a three inch lift...either rusty's or re...any shops in the tacoma/seattle ish area that sell these brands and are good to deal with?

RE, Auburn Car Repair and Offroad and Those Guys Rod and Customs are my two favorite shops in the area.

John at Auburn - 253 939 5019

Pat at Those Guys - 360 373 7099

John has worked on many rigs for NWC folks, and Pat handles more of the custom cages and that sort of stuff.

-Alex

You could also organize a work-party to have some folks help you with the install, providing that you have a place to work on the rig and the inclination to wrench/learn about doing your own mods. Some folks are leery of doing their own wrenching, but it's not that bad once you've had a little bit of experience with some knowledgable folks helping you out. It's also nice to have some wrenching knowledge and experience once you hit the trail. You want to have some confidence dealing with trail repairs/glitches that will undoubtedly come up as you wheel with some frequency.

Kent 4 wheel drive

You could also organize a work-party to have some folks help you with the install, providing that you have a place to work on the rig and the inclination to wrench/learn about doing your own mods. Some folks are leery of doing their own wrenching, but it's not that bad once you've had a little bit of experience with some knowledgable folks helping you out. It's also nice to have some wrenching knowledge and experience once you hit the trail. You want to have some confidence dealing with trail repairs/glitches that will undoubtedly come up as you wheel with some frequency.

I agree have an work party or I can show you how to install it. It`s easy.

sorry guys, i should have been more clear...i am asking about shops to purchase the kit from, not for install...a friend bought his lift from rustys via the internet, but said shipping was a lot...was looking to buy local if that would save some $$$..

Aha. 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers is the only big chain still in the area, but their stuff is pretty marked-up from what I've seen. I believe Auburn Car repair and Offroad would be happy to order you a kit from whatever manufacturer you wanted to go with, likely with a discount of some sort, at least on the shipping costs. Call John there on Monday and talk to him about it. I believe in general that ordering off the internet or phone will save you costs as opposed to just walking into a 4x4 shop and buying something off of their shelves. They have mark-up and overhead/operating costs to cover, they tend to add that to everything that they sell retail.

Call John, see what he can do for you. He'll be a good resource to help you decide which kit to get too.

sorry guys, i should have been more clear...i am asking about shops to purchase the kit from, not for install...a friend bought his lift from rustys via the internet, but said shipping was a lot...was looking to buy local if that would save some $$$..

How carefully did you read everyone's responces? They WHERE telling you placed you could just BUY a lift.

Save yourself some time and call John!

Are you looking for the full leaf pack version or AAL? I have a RE 3.5" Superflex w/ AAL in stock, on the shelf right now. No shipping. ;) I can get you whatever you want, though.

Are you looking for the full leaf pack version or AAL? I have a RE 3.5" Superflex w/ AAL in stock, on the shelf right now. No shipping. ;) I can get you whatever you want, though.

Sorry Phil, forgot you where back in the Biz! You did leave for a while didn't you?

Sorry Phil, forgot you where back in the Biz! You did leave for a while didn't you?

Yeah about two years. I've been back for almost a year. :) We're in a new shop now, though. Central closed our store down so my old boss bought an existing local business and brought me aboard. :D It's REALLY nice working side-by-side with the actual owner of the company now instead of being governed from two states away. :D

Wow, I've inda been out of things for a while!

Where is the shop? i might just stop by some time to be an obnoxious customer!

i'm thinking since my xj is twenty years old and i'll put money on the fact that my springs are also, that a full pack would probably be the best way to go....with a 3.5" wouldn't i have to drop the t-case or do the sye deal?

Last edited:
i'm thinking since my xj is twenty years old and i'll put money on the fact that my springs are also, that a full pack would probably be the best way to go....with a 3.5" wouldn't i have to drop the t-case or do the sye deal?

Yeah full pack would be the way to do it and the way I usually sell them. The only reason I have this one is because it got returned to me. And yeah, most likely you could get away with not doing the SYE right now, but you *might* need at least a t-case drop for the time being. I understand not being able to do everything 'right' the first time and doing things in stages. :) I'll be back at the store on Tuesday if you want to stop in or give me a call. Number there is 253-852-2720 or 800-829-9599.

Phil

Yeah full pack would be the way to do it and the way I usually sell them. The only reason I have this one is because it got returned to me. And yeah, most likely you could get away with not doing the SYE right now, but you *might* need at least a t-case drop for the time being. I understand not being able to do everything 'right' the first time and doing things in stages. :) I'll be back at the store on Tuesday if you want to stop in or give me a call. Number there is 253-852-2720 or 800-829-9599.

Phil

i'll check out the store this week...it's not far from where i work....

nice sig line btw...:us:

Back