• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

#Goldnugget: The 3rd build.

Alright you people...

Fuel cell:

I'm not sure which way to go. I have an RCI 2161A fuel cell. It's double welded and less likely to bust, explode and kill me.

Now, how should I plumb it? What pump should I use? I'm not trying to spend $400 on fittings so I'm weighing the options.

Option 1:

Buy adapter ring from Fleabay for $50 and install a late model fuel pump assembly with returnless fuel rail. Run all factory lines. Done. This requires cutting a huge hole in the top of the new fuel cell.

Option 2:

Run an E2000 type in-line fuel pump. -AN fittings down to the pump and utilize the rest of the OEM lines up to the engine. Then adapt the factory return line to a -AN fitting at the cell. (I'm pretty foggy about which fittings are acceptable to use in this situation.) Is there a -AN to barb fitting that I'll be able to adapt to the factory fuel lines?

I'd like to go with option 2 if I can sort out an affordable and safe method to do what I'm thinking.

received_10209292612700940_zpsm6cc0byj.jpeg

not sure how I missed this......

I ran a stock pump with one of those rings in my fuel cell worked great.

I'd go external alllll day long.

SO much easier to swap out a pump if need be.

I'm option #3, way more time and money :laugh:

I'd go with option #2.

You *should* be able to do a compression fitting on your OEM fuel lines and put an barb fitting on there I do believe.

Just don't do the "clamp onto the old fuel line with hose clamps" deal :laugh:

Right, of course.

I just don't know what's acceptable for an EFI fuel line. I figured I could mount the pump right at the fuel cell and use the majority of the OEM lines.

Right, of course.

I just don't know what's acceptable for an EFI fuel line. I figured I could mount the pump right at the fuel cell and use the majority of the OEM lines.

You can get rubber efi line at any length at your local auto parts store.

received_10207578815520791_zpsewqsprp8.jpeg

Is this going to continue down to the "frame?" I'd be concerned with that area bending in a hard roll.

The C-pillar? Maybe. Not sure yet. Might get a gusset there or something.

Yes. A piece or tube straight down or something. I'm sure the double tube is strong but you have a corner hanging there. I also think it would add to the rear looks wise. JMHO.

We had a ton of issues with the Walbro pumps on a few rigs in our groups. I run an Aeromotive fuel pump now.

I haven't had anyone I know have any problems with them during normal use. Racing and putting them through their paces, maybe then.

Aeromotive is what I have for a filter and FPR, but their fuel pumps are speeeeendy :laugh:

I'll bring a couple Walbro's with me :D

Back