• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

going lower with 37's

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_2708.jpg

deliveryjeep-1.jpg

brokeflexndeuce011.jpg

droveuptree007.jpg

droveuptree001.jpg

Damn you guys from 'Sconsin make rednecks look civilized! I love all of those pictures of the tree climbing and monster-truck romping over the R.I.P. XJs. Sweet.:laugh2:

Hey Flexdout, its good to hear you "taller is better" guys admit that in anything other than mud the height actually works against you. 37's on about 5 1/2" is MUCH better than on 10+ inches! Post pics when you're done :)

GauchoMD said:
Hey Flexdout, its good to hear you "taller is better" guys admit that in anything other than mud the height actually works against you. 37's on about 5 1/2" is MUCH better than on 10+ inches! Post pics when you're done :)

Its the 1st XJ Ive owned thats broke the 6" mark. Ive always stayed with 5.5-6" and 35's and I wanted more out of this build. But once I reached where I thought I wanted to be I got to wheel it and realized why noone goes this big other than for looks. Funny part is all my buddies locally are full size truck guys and cant understand why on earth I want to lower the Jeep. I took 1 of them to Hardrock with me and it was the funniest thing Ive ever seen. On the climbs he was hyper-ventilating! I sware I thought he was going to pass out on 1 when I was way off kilter and the rear tire on my side lifted putting him rocker down going over an incline! If it wasnt for the fact that he was so dissoriented he woulda probably bailed out of the Jeep!

Mdub said:
Damn you guys from 'Sconsin make rednecks look civilized! I love all of those pictures of the tree climbing and monster-truck romping over the R.I.P. XJs. Sweet.:laugh2:

That would be KTM racer 419. He is way east of Wisconsin.:laugh:

looks like tnt beat me to the pics of my own jeep.

but many of those are all different lift heights

i always kept about 4.5" in back but I have experimented with the front on a few occasions

the first 9 are at 4" of lift
the next 2 are around 5.5"
the 2 after that are about 3.5"
the next 3 are 1.5"
and the rest are 4"

what i have learned from each setup?

i like it around the 3.5"-4" mark. none of the setups rubbed, but 1.5" I did for kicks because i was bored one day, same flex, but zero room for suspension compression. couldnt even drive it comfortably on the street.

i ran 5.5" on one wheeling run just to change things up and I hated it. The front end was way too light. I lifted front tires on obstacles I normally would walk up with little issue.

and for those of you who say "OMG I BET HE TRIMED ALOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT" I did the normal cut and fold method in the rear and trimmed to the top of the flare in the front just cutting a little further in front for clearance while turning. Ive seen folks trim more than me with less tire.

I run 2 hockey pucks for bumpstops in front and in the back dpg adjustable bumpstop plates with 2 plates and 4.1" factory xj bumpstops. I have about 3" of uptravel all around and plenty of droop.

ktm racer 419 said:
looks like tnt beat me to the pics of my own jeep.

i've seen some others of yours that i was trying to find but couldn't. i think a lot of people are envious. myself included. come on. homemade LA kit? who wouldn't want that

Well Im on my way to the junkyard to pull some S10 leafs. Im gonna test them and see how they fit with height and length and if I like them Ill run them.

asp387 said:
i've seen some others of yours that i was trying to find but couldn't. i think a lot of people are envious. myself included. come on. homemade LA kit? who wouldn't want that

I just found one picture and used it to find his photo's.

I like the new white XJ.

A low COG rocks. I'm building mine that way but will have slightly more up-travel due to fender work.

It looks like he has a blast with his rigs.

Trash it and replace it. XJ's are basicly disposable.

I'm building a MJ and plan on making it last for years. I will keep a XJ around to beat on daily.

Last edited:
ok I bombed today at the junkyard. Couldnt break the u-bolt nuts. 5 different S10's 5 different failures. I obviously missed the memo that 15yr old trucks have rust underneith. I managed to get a few things I needed off some XJ's in the yard though so it wasnt a total bust. I did find out that you can use battery operated tools so Im going back tommorrow with my Dewalt grinder and some cutt-off wheels and making it happen!

Back