• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest????

Had a great time. Most of the sand is now out of my ears and eyes. Here are some pix. (Sorry about the image size.)

05C3DA74-36FF-457A-A78E-C61B7579FB82_zpscmmzbzzw.jpg

8F8DEC1B-ABDB-4702-B873-19414C0F8FE0_zpsnahxbnoi.jpg

89AD21BD-2F6B-47C9-8386-4E8971DB9370_zpsradrb59q.jpg

8E6AB49A-0ED7-46E4-9905-496EAD13433C_zpsthz3mc6l.jpg

2204AA69-C46F-4513-A583-010702411A5B_zpso6zozgqo.jpg

Every now and then there is w... in JV. We got some sat night. But, Bricker grilled meat like a trooper and we ate it, and we had as many people crammed into Kevin's motorhome as you could get playing cards until late. Good times.

The only wreck I heard of was on the way out there.....something about a pole at the gas station.

I took a few pics:

Early morning Chocolate Thunder

normal_goatfest01.jpg

Follow this guy, they said.

normal_image~176.jpg

normal_goatfest10.jpg

normal_goatfest12.jpg

normal_goatfest11.jpg

Not gonna happen.

normal_goatfest07.jpg

A little spill on the way up Clawhammer.

normal_goatfest08.jpg

normal_goatfest09.jpg

Recovery

normal_goatfest13.jpg

normal_image~175.jpg

Big spider

normal_goatfest14.jpg

Back on track

normal_goatfest15.jpg

normal_goatfest16.jpg

Broke a drag link near the top of Clawhammer, tried to drag it off the trail, left it there.

normal_goatfest04.jpg

normal_goatfest03.jpg

Thanks to the nice guys who got me back out there with a spare. Got it rolling again before dark.

normal_goatfest05.jpg

Almost took out the door on the way out.

normal_goatfest06.jpg

Had a great time, as always, though the w-nd from early Saturday afternoon til early Sunday a.m. made me even more grateful that I have friends with RVs... and friends with bench seats (which have become rare) in their trucks (took the poles out of my tent & let it lay there & suffer, and slept peacefully in the cab of Mark SidewaysStarion's truck).

I know there was a flop (the Scout), a snapped draglink (Travis), a destroyed Dana 60 front knuckle (Jeff), and some missing lug studs (Ben), but not too much else.

Saturday JohnX & Zack, their girls and I drove out to Giant Rock, and to the Integratron, for some mellow dirt time and looking at the weird things people do.

I had a great time. Got there late Friday, so didn't get to hang out much. Trails were fun, wind sat night was not. Let's do it again next year!
487b48c68ce0e50467be644e812746b7.jpg

6de39ec5beb92060958e0fd21ba3dc0c.jpg

1835eb2204985d883db79ff7a7f771f0.jpg

it was a tad windy…. on the lake bed…
http://youtu.be/r5ZV_h2ME3A?list=UUjNb0ldMuM9KnGxeSqQuuoA

It was nice seeing some familiar faces. I am bummed i didn't get to see everyone, and was hoping to meet more of you.

we didn't get to the lake bed until noon, so everyone had already left for their trail runs. so we had some fun just cruising through the desert, and making some adjustments to the buggy.

i was able to finally teach my daughter how to use her 4wd in her wj. Even managed to get her stuck on a sand hill.

i think we will be bringing the camper next year, and coming out for the entire weekend.

I know there was a flop (the Scout), a snapped draglink (Travis), a destroyed Dana 60 front knuckle (Jeff), and some missing lug studs (Ben), but not too much else.

Mike (Grimm) busted a side window. But maybe that doesn't count under the circumstances.

a bungee cord snapped and the hook hit the window from inside, but that happened before i left. i blew a sidewall but ben's buddy shadi plugged it up for me and i kept having fun... till the plugs blew out on the way home on the 10 freeway at 70mph.

good times, 2 days later and im still exhausted. I had a blast.

I used my rear driveshaft for a rock grinder. Didn't break, but threw it a bit out of balance. Cracked a less than one week old fender flare. Other than that, it was a great time. Well, except for the W--d.

David Bricker / SYR - PSR

Back