• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest????

party1: Jeeps all put back together and ready to rock! But........ The DR says no dice for me this yr. :bawl::rattle: Have a good time boys and girls! Sucks im gonna miss out on this one.

Loan it to sean, his just broke.

Hoping to leave Pasadena by noon. Taking 210 to the 15.

David Bricker / SYR - LAX

Nope lol, I havn't had a jeep for years now. I will be out following folks around on a quad, and taking pics. You going to be out there? Be nice to see ya been to long.

No. There seems to be a running theme this year. My doc also said "NOPE"... I got out of the hospital about 3 weeks ago after spending 50 days there with sepsis and peritonitis from diverticulitis. I almost died... TWICE!

Also had a small infection at the incision site. Then had two major panic attacks which resulted in tachycardia. They had to stop my heart both times.:cheers:

Careful with a WJ on a scenic run. They get hung up on a beer can and you will never live it down!

No. There seems to be a running theme this year. My doc also said "NOPE"... I got out of the hospital about 3 weeks ago after spending 50 days there with sepsis and peritonitis from diverticulitis. I almost died... TWICE!

Also had a small infection at the incision site. Then had two major panic attacks which resulted in tachycardia. They had to stop my heart both times.:cheers:

:cheers: Heres to you my friend! I wish you well and and hope you continue a full life!!

As for me.... Had a heart attack Sept 30th at a ripe young age of 36!!! YES 36! Diagnosed with Dilated Cardiomyopathy aka Enlarged Heart. I have a very HIGH risk of arrhythmia which in turn could results in SUDDEN DEATH. :scared:. So when the possibility of :skull2 :Sudden Death :skull2: comes in to play that many miles from and E.R........:nono: Ill hang at home :geek: for a little bit. Id really hate to be remembered as the BUZZ KILL of GOATFEST 2014!

All should be squared away for SoCalFest though. :gee: Doing all that is ask by the cardio team to strengthen the ol :heart:!.

So all said.... I :patriot: you Original_MudButt on your survival!!! My prayer and best wishes go out to you and your family!

HAVE A BLAST OUT THERE GUYS AND GALS!!! Take lots of pics and vids for us desk wheelers for some additional motivation to get well and be able to attend other future :NAXJA: events!

Welp, My Junk is so scared of another trip and beating in JV, it even pissed the driveway. :(

FIXED IT! LOL :cheers:

Sinch down that ice chest lid Sean before you abruptly smash the skinny peddle across the lake bed. Your beers and hangover will thank you for it in the morning! :smoker:

For those of you that missed it, we had a new flavor of Spiedies Saturday Evening - JV Grit infused lamb Spiedies. Even my fancy new infrared ceramic BBQ grill was no match for the JV wind.

But, we did manage to feed a few people chicken, lamb Spiedies and bacon wrapped fresh green beans. Yes, Ben, green beans can be crunchy. They just don't come out of a can that way.

I wreaked my vengeance on Lower Big Johnson, after being denied twice before. About half way up, I couldn't make the big stair step. Made no sense, since I was locked front and rear. Then realized I was in 2 low instead of 4 low. Duh, what a difference.

Now to spend a week relaxing at PSR, except for cooking for 450 people for Thanksgiving.

David Bricker / SYR - PSR

Wind? We had NO wind here at my place.LOL. I heard they had a wind warning going on up there. Glad you all had fun. David brain farts suck don't they. You'll need a post it on the dash to tell you 4 Wheel drive next time you go out.

Back