• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest in Johnson Valley Nov 13-14

If all goes according to plan ill be there sometime before noon on Friday. Can't wait! I have a lot of work to do to get the jeep on the road again but I got it running great and all lights and signals working today, looks like I'm going to get it done in time, woohoo :D

My wife and I are wanting to come to this... but as this will be our first time coming to something like this we are most likely under-prepared.

What are the necessities? I assume camping gear/food/drinks, what else should be on my checklist?

Hmmm.

No offense 'The Captain' user name still doesn't sit well with me 'specially with that avatar.

I miss Ron :cheers:

If there are any easy ones.

I dont think this year its a sponsored event so the rules may not apply.

Equipment List
Visibly charged fire extinguisher (BC or ABC)
First aid kit
Adequate spare tire, jack and lug wrench
Safety belts for driver and any current passenger
Adequate attachment points in the front and rear of the vehicle:
Acceptable forms of attachment points: (All Items must be mounted in a manner to provide adequate strength and integrity)
Tow hooks of OEM or greater integrity
D-Rings
Shackle/Clevis
20ft 10,000lb snatch strap without any metal hooks
Secured battery (no bungee cords)

My wife and I are wanting to come to this... but as this will be our first time coming to something like this we are most likely under-prepared.

What are the necessities? I assume camping gear/food/drinks, what else should be on my checklist?

I plan on doing a day run with both my jeeps so we can talk about it at the M&G friday..

if you plan on going on a run anywhere, make sure you have adequate front and rear recovery points (if you have a rear hitch that can serve as a recovery point if its mounted well.

if you just want to go tooling around the desert you can go out with a stocker most places out there, just watch out for bomb craters and deep loose sand :D

lol easy ones...umm not really if u call back door easy.. i have yet to see a xj make it up lol.. but its just fun to drive around the desert and hit the lil dune on the back of the hill.. last time i was there i dragged a buggy with a wj engine . in my 96 xj with 32's rear lsd and a 5 speed and beat him up and down the dune lol and he had paddles!!! :roll: and last KOH i went in Santa4x's jeep and that was a blast thanks santa!but we all know his rig is rediculious lol

Hmmm, Ron was this guy who kinda screwed up on here and pissed off most of socal. He was Cracker's bestest buddy!

He never really screwed up but the Captain Morgan bottle sure did post a lot. ;) Actually he was a pretty good guy and fun to wheel with. He helped me out a TON in the early days of my XJ.

I think things got sour at the end with him and 4 wheelin' but I wouldn't think twice about resuming the good old days if he were still around.

When I see 'Captain' I think of good 'ol Ron :cheers:

Just show up dammit.... If you aint got it, someone else will......

I'll have the 5th wheel, so the gals in the group can go potty... The rest of you schlubs have to use the bushes.....:moon:

Back